Indians love pakoda – whether it is double fried, onions, potatoes, or dalwada! Plus, onion pakoras are dunked in kadhi to make delicious Kadhi Pakora and served with jeera rice to pack a healthy, tummy-filling meal. Similarly, bread pakoda is one of the most loved snacks adored by people of all ages.
They’re one of the yummiest party starters and can be made in just 20 minutes. When guests arrive at your home unannounced and you want to make something quick and delicious, this easy bread pakora recipe will help you!
Lip-smacking and Easy Bread Pakora Recipe!
One of the most common Indian street food – bread pakora, is a dish that you can try when you have excess bread in your fridge. Stuffed with aloo, this recipe is one of the most enjoyed snacks in the rainy and winter season.
However, when you try bread pakora outside, you will notice that they are made with no or a little stuffing. Hence, this bread pakora recipe will present you with something unique and delicious. The aloo filling will be infused with flavors due to the herbs and will taste better than plain bread pakora. So, try this pakora and make your snack time fun and full of flavors!
Below, you will find how you can make this delicious pakoda recipe at home without too much effort.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 3 potato / aloo (boiled & mashed)
- One green chili (finely chopped)
- 1-inch ginger (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tsp amchur / dry mango powder
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp salt
for besan batter:
- 1 cup besan/gram flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- ¼ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of soda
- ½ cup water or as required
- 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder/Haldi
- Four slices of bread (white/brown)
- 4 tsp green chutney
- oil for deep frying
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, take a large mixing bowl and add three boiled potatoes.
- Then, add one green chili, 1-inch ginger, two tablespoons coriander, 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/2 amchur powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of chaat masala.
- Combine all the ingredients well. Your aloo stuffing is ready!
- Now, let’s make the besan batter. Add all the ingredients listed under the “Besan Batter” section.
- While making the batter, add water gradually to avoid lumps. If the batter is too thin, you can add some more gram flour and rice flour to thicken it.
- Whisk it well, and your batter is ready. Keep it aside.
- Add oil to a deep-bottomed pan. Heat it over medium flame.
- Meanwhile, cut a slice of bread in a triangle shape. Spread green chutney on one side.
- Then, spread a tablespoon of prepared aloo stuffing over that bread.
- Cover it with another half slice and dip into the besan batter covering both sides.
- Immediately, deep fry them in the hot oil.
- Carefully splash oil over bread pakora and fry them on medium heat while flipping occasionally.
- Fry until the pakoras are golden and crispy.
- Your bread pakoras are ready. Serve it with fried green chili and tamarind chutney.
If you are looking for a snack recipe that is easy to make yet delicious to eat, you are at the right place! This bread pakoda recipe is perfect for when guests suddenly knock on your door! Gather the ingredients and fry these bread pakoras to perfection and present a lip-smacking dish in no time!