If you are in a hurry every morning to reach the office on time and don’t have enough time to prepare something special for breakfast, then why not make something in advance and enjoy it whenever you want? Here, oatmeal cups can be a perfect way to start your day.
This oatmeal cup recipe is made with banana and blueberries, which is quite easier to prepare and fast to finish. Obviously, when we are hungry, most of us usually choose fast food to satisfy our hunger despite the fact that this type of food is not good for our health. So, why not have something healthy that can be prepared in advance? It means you can still enjoy fast food but in a healthy way and that too prepared at home.
A great recipe – delicious and not too sweet and a wonderful option for any occasion! This oatmeal cup recipe with the fruits mixture is a healthy snack or breakfast option that will be loved by the whole family. All you need to do is collect all ingredients, put the mixture in the muffin pan, and your healthy and yummy snack/breakfast is ready within a few minutes.
Few things about the main ingredients
A healthy ingredient packed with minerals and works great in preventing obesity. It is quite filling and healthy, that’s why it is used in countless breakfast recipes to start your day with the healthiest ingredient.
Blueberries and Bananas
Both are healthy fruits and add flavor to this oatmeal cup recipe. They both make a perfect combination and make these cups sweeten. Moreover, banana is quite helpful in binding, and in this recipe it acts as a binder and for that extra binding, ground flaxseeds are used.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 12 cups
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Half teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Half cup of mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Half teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries or you can use frozen blueberries
Method to Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a muffins pan and grease it using non-stick cooking spray and keep it aside.
- Now, take a small bowl and add ground flaxseeds and water in it. Mix the powder well in the water and let it sit while you perform other steps.
- Take a large bowl and add old fashioned oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon powder. Mix all these ingredients properly and keep this bowl aside.
- Next, take another bowl of medium size and add a half cup of mashed bananas, flaxseeds solution, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup or brown sugar (whatever you are using), and vanilla extract. Stir everything well.
- Add the ingredients of this medium bowl to the bowl with oats and other ingredients, combine all perfectly. After this, add blueberries and gently stir.
- Now, take the greased muffin pan and pour this mixture into it by filling all cups evenly.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture turns golden brown. Once they are done completely, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for around 5-7 minutes. Now, remove the muffins from the pan and serve them warm.
- If you don’t want to make it a vegan recipe or don’t have flaxseeds at home, you can use 1 egg instead of flaxseeds mixture.
- You can make these oatmeal cups in advance and store them in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days or can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Whenever you feel like serving these cups, simply reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- No worries, if you don’t have blueberries or you want to use another fruit, you can use raspberries or apples in place of blueberries.
Must Read – Recipe: Make Oatmeal Lace Cookies
This oatmeal cups recipe with bananas and blueberries to add flavor and taste is a healthy and quick breakfast for the whole week and can also be enjoyed as a snack or whenever you feel like eating something. Try these healthy cups and enjoy! A great breakfast idea on the go!