Hunan chicken recipe is a quick and easy stir-fry dish to prepare and it is considered a healthy recipe because of white meat used as a base ingredient. People prefer this recipe and love it so much because it is the perfect and quick weekday recipe.
It is very easy to make with a few budget-friendly ingredients and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. People love to use chicken breast because the meat will come out juicy and tender.
Here some quick tips for you if you wish to make this delicious Hunan chicken recipe:
- You can make the sauce in one batch and freeze it into small containers and when the time comes, just defrost it and cook it with chicken.
- Though the chicken breast would be the most ideal chicken part as it is healthful, you can also use other chicken parts.
- Also, other types of meat like beef, pork, and fish can be used showing the recipe’s versatility.
- Cut the meat against the grain. If you find it difficult, a simple trick is to freeze the meat first and then cut it easily.
- You can use any type of vegetables you want, as it is a very versatile recipe and can be adjusted easily by your own likings.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 4 Serving
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into stripes
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- Carrots 1 cup, cut into rounds
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon white rice wine
- Cornstarch 1 tablespoon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoon chili paste,
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Green onion and sesame seeds, for garnishing
- In a bowl add ¼ cup cornstarch and season it with a little salt and pepper. Stir to combine and add chicken pieces; toss it to coat well.
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil. Drop chicken pieces and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Add a bit more vegetable oil to the pan and add vegetables and cook them for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and add the sauce. Stir and coat chicken and vegetables for 1 minute and then turn off the gas.
- Transfer to a plate and serve Hunan Chicken with a side of White Rice.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seed before serving hot.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
391 calories; 23.4g total fat; 117 mg cholesterol; 908 mg sodium; 10.3g carbs; 33.4g protein.