The Sandwich is the one of the most popular type of lunch in USA and UK , around 60 percent people eat it everyday as lunch.
There are many varieties of sandwich popular across the world like Bacon sandwich, Bagel toast, Beef on Weck, Bosna, French dip, Clam roll, Ham and cheese. When we talk about India, the name will differ for types of sandwiches. Like there is most popular sandwiches are Paneer Toasty with Salsa, Roasted Broccoli and Blue Cheese Panini, Hot Tuna Sandwich, Open Beetroot Sandwich, Toasted Chicken Sandwich etc.
However, today I am going to share you a recipe in my style with totally different taste of the sandwich, which you can call Spicy Potato and Peas Sandwich or Aloo matar sandwich.
Spicy Potato and Peas Sandwich
- White Bread Slices
- 200 Gm Boiled Potatoes
- 100 Gm Fresh Boiled Peas
- 100 Gm Butter
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Green Chutney
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- Salt As Per Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Ginger Paste
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped onion
- 1 Chopped Green chili
- 1/2 Cup Water
How To Prepare:
- First of all mash boil potatoes in any pot.
- Second, Take a medium size of the saucepan and add approx 2 tbsp butter then put it on medium flame. Once you can see butter is melted, then add 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds, chopped green chili, onion and stir until onion become red.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, and ginger garlic paste. Now mix all these things very well and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes and peas once the onion completely fried, add salt and mix it properly.
- Now, we will add ½ cup of water to get proper sandwich stuff and make sure not to add too much water otherwise stuffing will become soggy.
- After adding water, add garam masala and cover the pan with lid on slow flame until the stuff is thick.
- Turn off the flame and add little sugar, chopped coriander leaves in stuff and mix it.
- Cut the corner part of bread slices using a knife and then spread tomato sauce and green chutney on both bread slices.
- Now its time to add prepared stuff between two bread slices as per requirement, adding more stuff might be difficult to grill.
- If you have bread toaster, you can use it, otherwise take the saucepan on medium flame and put butter on it.
- Once you feel sauce pan is heated then keep sandwiches and wait till red both sides.
- Take out the sandwiches in a plate and serve it with green chutney and tomato sauce.
- Please try this Potato and Peas Sandwich Recipe at your home and let me know your opinion in below comment section. I would love to hear from you.