Many people think that if they don’t have meat in the recipe, it is not a hearty one. This thought is completely wrong, especially when you have so many recipes out there full of veggies that can be more tasty and flavorful than recipes containing meat or other non-vegetarian ingredients. One such recipe is a slow cooker vegetarian chili recipe which is packed with different kinds of filling foods that will surely be loved by all.
The mixing of ingredients of this recipe in the slow cooker makes it a delicious and satisfying cuisine to enjoy anytime, lunch, or dinner. It is not just a perfect recipe for vegetarians but has everything to satisfy the guests with varied tastes and food choices.
The black and kidney beans when combined with veggies like sweet corn, sweet potato, onion, and tomatoes make this recipe a great choice to add protein to their diet. So, instead of going for meat to meet some extra protein needs in the diet, Vegetarian Chili recipe containing black and kidney beans is the best alternative to try some vegetarian food.
Simply have some extra vegetarian protein with this recipe without adding real meat to your meal.
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 4 hours at high temperature, 8 hours at low temperature
- Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups of black beans
- 2 cups of kidney beans
- 2 cups of sweet corn
- 1 sweet potato and cut it into cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 cups of finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt or as per your taste
- 2-3 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
Method to Prepare:
- Take a slow cooker and add black beans, kidney beans, sweet potato, sweet corn, onion, and garlic. Mix all ingredients well.
- Now, add tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Now, mix everything until all seasonings are distributed evenly in the veggies.
- After this, add vegetable stock and stir it properly.
- Turn on the slow cooker and set it for 4 hours at high temperature or you can cook it at low temperature for 8 hours.
- Once it is cooked completely, serve it with shredded cheese on the top or with cornbread.
- You can prepare and freeze this recipe to consume it later. Pour it in a sealed container for about 3 days or if you want to preserve it for months, make sure to keep it in the freezer, it will be good to use for 3 months.
- Alternatively, you can mix all ingredients in a container and freeze it and pour the vegetable stock into a freezer bag. Whenever you want to cook it, simply defrost it properly before adding into the slow cooker.
This slow cooker vegetarian chili recipe is quite delicious, easy to prepare, and is naturally vegan. Without any doubt, it is fairly healthy and protein-rich as well. If you love chili and are looking for something vegan for your next meal, simply try this recipe in a slow cooker. Make your cooking easier and enjoy trying new recipes every day.