If you are looking for a cookie that is not only delicious to eat but also healthy to have then look no further than these fantastic oatmeal raisin cookies. These cookies are a perfect dish for your breakfast as you are going to love these cookies with a glass of milk!
A perfect combination of classic cookies recipe with oatmeal; you get chewy and soft delicious cookies loved by all. With oatmeal, you are going to make sure you eat healthy while having fun in your cookies and making a perfect cookie for breakfast and late-night cravings!
Satisfying Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 24 cookies
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ cups of old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup of raisin
Method to Prepare:
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Now, it is time to plump up the raisins. Take a small bowl and add water and raisin in it and set it aside for 5 minutes. It will be plumed up well and don’t forget to dry them well before using it.
- Take a large bowl and stir in butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla and whisk it until the mixture is smooth and velvety.
- Now, take a small bowl and add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and add this dry mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and then gently stir in oatmeal and raisins.
- Take a spoonful of batter and place it on the baking sheet in a round-shaped ball.
- Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes and take them out when the edges are golden brown in color but still under baked in the middle.
- Let the cookies cool before eating them and enjoy them cool with a cup of milk!
If you are looking for a healthy snack to satisfy your late cravings then these cookies are going to be a boon for you. A perfect blend between healthiness and taste, these oatmeal cookies are delicious to eat and easy to make as you can make these cookies in less than 15 minutes. Just get all ingredients and boom! Your tasty and healthy cookies are ready to get eaten with a fine glass of milk!