The delicious French Asparagus soup is easy to prepare and could serve a family of four to five people. It can also be preserved for longer duration post-cooking to be served later after reheating.
The lush asparagus stalks could be cut to small pieces to be enjoyed warm with the soup during the season of spring. The carrots, onion, and spinach add not only flavor but also make it into a full meal that can be taken by people on a regular diet. The aroma will surely entice you or you can improvise with herbs and spices to make a more personal meal for your loved ones.
French Asparagus Soup
Eating the delicious French Asparagus Soup would benefit your body in multiple ways. The Antioxidant properties of the asparagus reduce chronic inflammation as well as aging among humans. It is also known to contain important minerals such as Vitamin C & Vitamin E along with insoluble fiber that collectively improves both metabolism and regeneration of DNA.
This is why it is a good meal for women in their early stages of pregnancy. The Asparagus is also known to help reduce blood pressure which ultimately prevents risks of heart diseases and heart attacks.
- Prep Time – 25 minutes
- Cooking Time – 35 minutes
- Serving – 4 servings
- One pound chopped leeks
- One chopped onion
- Three chopped potatoes
- Two chopped carrots
- Fresh but trimmed asparagus
- Uncooked long-grain white rice
- Four tsp salt
- Half a pound of fresh spinach
- One cup of heavy cream
- Begin by melting butter in a large pot at medium heat and stir it after adding onions and leeks until they become softer.
- Add water into the same pot and mix in carrots, asparagus, potatoes, and rice to be boiled after adding some salt for taste. Within a few seconds reduce the heat to let it simmer for less than half an hour or until the rice and the vegetables are tender.
- Lastly, introduce spinach and heavy cream into the soup to stir well and continue cooking for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe can be home-cooked and the asparagus which is the prime ingredient could also be consumed by steaming, roasting, boiling, and sautéing. You can also serve this soup with salads, stir-fries, omelets, and pasta for a distinctively healthy meal.
- Calories – 194 k.cal
- Carbohydrates – 16.1 g
- Protein – 3.6 g
- Fat – 13.8 g
- Sodium – 1014 mg
- Cholesterol – 45 mg
Must Read – Spanish Lentil soup – Toothsome soup recipe
Since the Asparagus is limited to seasonal yield, it should be prepared in the spring season for experiencing the best taste. This recipe is also inclusive of vegetables that’ll induce proper nutrition to your body while making you satisfied at the same time.