Don’t be afraid of this rolled Bûche de Noël cake as you can make it at your home, that too without too much hassle. You will feel like you’re doing something wrong when you roll the warm cake into a towel, but keep going as you are in the right direction.
The Bûche de Noël cake is a traditional French Christmas delicacy that French people have made since the 19th century. This cake will resemble the yule log, a type of wood that the families will burn on Christmas Eve
Mouthwatering Bûche de Noël Recipe For Christmas!
Christmas is rich with tradition as you will make cookies for Santa, decorate the tree with ornaments, jingle bells, and drink hot and steamy cocoa by the fire. In European culture, making the yule cake or the Bûche De Noël is a considerable tradition.
This recipe will take some time, but it is definitely worth the wait. Every ingredient of this dessert is edible as you can eat everything – from the spong ‘log’ cake to the meringue mushrooms and candied “holly.” Sprinkle some powdered sugar to give your cake a snowy effect.
So, let’s see how you can make this delicious French Christmas special cake.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 serves
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Six egg yolks
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Six egg whites
- ¼ cup white sugar
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Method to Prepare
- Start the process by preheating your oven to 375 F degrees and lining a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Take a large bowl and add whip cream, ½ of powdered sugar, and cocoa.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla until it is thick and stiff. Slide it in the refrigerator.
- With the help of an electric mixture, beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar until thick and pale in a large bowl.
- Now, stir in ⅓ cup cocoa, 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla, and salt.
- Take a large glass bowl, whip egg whites with clean beaters until soft peaks.
- Don’t forget to gradually add ¼ cup of sugar while you are beating the egg white. Beat it until the stiff peaks.
- Immediately fold the yolk mixture into the whites. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Slide it into the preheated oven for around 12 minutes until the cake springs back.
- Dust a clean dish towel with confectioners’ sugar.
- Now, run a knife around the edges to unstick the cake from the pan and turn it onto the towel.
- Remove and discard parchment paper. Starting from the edge of the cake, roll it up with the towel and let it cool for half an hour.
- Then, unroll the cake and spread the filling inside it. Roll the cake up with the filling inside.
- Place the cake seam side down on a serving plate and slide it into the refrigerator until serving.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner as you also bake this cake and ooze your guests with this beautiful yet tasty Bûche de Noël! So, prepare yourself to bake one of the most gorgeous and delicious cakes this Christmas.