Finding a delectable breakfast that everyone will love is more challenging than you think. We present you with this delicious bread pudding recipe to ease your worry. It is comforting and has melt-your-mouth consistency with delicious buttery goodness. Serve it right out of the pan, warm, with a drizzle of caramel sauce and fresh fruits.
It is a New Orleans dessert loved and adored by people of all ages. If you are looking for a classic breakfast dessert for the festive period or on weekends, this bread pudding will help you.
The best thing about this breakfast recipe is that you don’t need to put too much effort into cooking it.
Delectable Bread Pudding Recipe for Breakfast!
If you are a person who loves to have a sweet beginning to your mornings and love to satisfy your sweet teeth during breakfast, then this is your recipe! Additionally, it is the best recipe to utilize those stale slices of bread lying in your fridge.
With this recipe, you will turn stale slices of bread into a sweet and creamy dessert soaked into a decadent vanilla sauce. If you are bored of stacking French toasts, bread pudding will be delicious and new for your taste buds!
Our sauce recipe is the secret behind this delicious and mouthwatering bread pudding recipe. You can top this pudding with a drizzle of a caramel sauce, a vanilla sauce, or a hard sauce like we made from bourbon whisky.
So, let’s see how you can make this delicious bread pudding recipe for breakfast!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10 serves
- 1 cup raisins
- One loaf of French bread, at least a day old
- 4 cups milk
- Three large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- Two tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kentucky bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Three tablespoons butter, melted
For the Bourbon Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- One large egg
- 1/2 cup Kentucky bourbon whiskey
Method to Prepare
- Take a small bowl and add raisins and ¼ cup of bourbon whiskey. Cover it and let it soak for at least a couple of hours. Raisins will soak up most of the bourbon in 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take a large mixing bowl and pour milk. Then, add square-cut pieces of bread into the milk.
- Now, press the bread into the milk to soak it. Do it with your hands.
- Take another bowl and whisk eggs. Then, add sugar, vanilla, allspice, and cinnamon.
- Pour this egg mixture over the milk-soaked bread and add the bourbon-soaked raisins.
- Stir everything gently to combine.
- Now, pour melted butter into the bottom of a baking pan. Coat the bottom as well as the sides with the butter.
- Then, add the soaked bread into the baking pan.
- Bake it for around 40 minutes until the liquid is set.
- If the edges start to get a bit brown and pull away from the edges of the pan, then your pudding is done.
- While your bread pudding is being baked, prepare the bourbon sauce.
- Take a medium-sized skillet and melt butter in it over low flame. Add in sugar and egg and give it a good whisk to blend.
- Slowly cook it over slow heat, constantly stirring, until the mixture is thick enough.
- If the sauce can coat the back of a spoon, then it is perfectly ready. Remove from the heat.
- Do Not simmer the mixture, or it will curdle. If your sauce gets curdle, blend it smooth in a blender.
- Now, gradually whisk in bourbon according to your taste. Give it a whisk before serving.
- Your sauce should be soft, creamy, and smooth.
- Take out the bread pudding from the oven and serve it with bourbon whiskey sauce on the side.
- Serve it warm, and enjoy!
Do you have leftover stale slices of bread in your fridge? If yes, then this is the recipe you must try! The bread pudding will help you utilize this stale bread most deliciously. So, try this recipe and enjoy a sweet beginning to your mornings.