Good health is a choice that each one of us makes everyday.
Your diet is one of the most important parts of your weight management process. It is very difficult to maintain your diet even on regular days, but it might become even more tempting to take a break from your diet and indulge.
If you are following a strict diet and trying to stay in shape, it becomes important for you to find snacks and meals that can be cooked for a large group and are not loaded with carbs and fats.
The best way to find healthy party food is to make sure that you strike a balance between flavour and health to make a healthy recipe fit for hosting your friends and family.
Healthy Snacks For Party Gathering
Here are some party popular food items that are comparatively healthy in nature-
- Spicy Mango Salsa
- Baked Hawaiin Sandwiches
- Spinach Dip with Pumpernickel
- Texas Caviar
Spicy Mango Salsa
This is a great dip that can be served with baked kale, persimmon chips and baked tortillas to make a great appetizer for your party or family gathering. This mix of spices and tropical sweetness will allow you to start your party with a blast.
- Two cups diced fresh mango
- Two cups fresh peaches that are pitted and chopped
- Two minced cloves of garlic
- Two tablespoons chopped fresh ginger root
- Quarter cup of fresh lime juice
- Two diced serrano chile peppers
- Quarter cup of chopped fresh basil
How To Prepare:
- Take a large bowl and mix together the mangoes, peaches or nectarines, garlic, ginger and basil or cilantro.
- Add chilies and lime juice next. These can be added according to your taste.
- Make sure to mix the ingredients well.
- Allow the mixture to chill for two hours before serving.
Baked Hawaiin Sandwiches
These bite sized snacks are perfect to scatter to a crowd. This delicious snack is a great hit and will be gone before you know it. Not only are they easy to make, they are healthier than other alternative since these sandwiches are baked.
- Twenty four Hawaiian bread rolls
- twelve thin slices of honey-cured deli ham
- Twelve slices Swiss cheese
- twelve thin slices deli smoked turkey
- twelve thin slices provolone cheese
- Half a cup of butter
- Quarter cup of white sugar
- quarter cup of dried onion flakes
- Two tablespoons poppy seeds
- One tablespoon of honey mustard
How To Prepare:
- Place a rack on the lower half of oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the bottom half of each Hawaiian roll on a baking sheet.
- Place half a slice of ham on each one of them along with Swiss cheese, smoked turkey, and provolone cheese.
- Place top halves onto each bottom to make sandwiches.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir in sugar, dried onion flakes, poppy seeds, and
- honey mustard until mixture is free of lumps and evenly combined, creamy, and the sugar has dissolved.
- Brush over the tops of each sandwich.
- Bake sandwiches on the preheated oven’s lower rack until the tops are golden brown and fillings are hot.
Spinach Dip with Pumpernickel
This is no ordinary spinach dip. With the added zest of pumpernickel, this dip can be served with pieces of vegetables or pieces of whole grain bread. The compact size and great taste of this recipe is what makes it such a popular dish for parties.
- Two loaves of round pumpernickel loaves
- One cup low-fat cottage cheese
- One cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Quarter cup of fat-free mayonnaise
- half cup of nonfat sour cream
- One tablespoon grated onion
- One teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Quarter teaspoon of garlic powder
- One package of frozen spinach
- One can of water chestnuts
- One bottle of diced pimento peppers
- One packet of dry vegetable soup mix
- Three tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
How To Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the top and interior of one pumpernickel loaf. This is to make the dipping from the interior parts of the loaf.
- Place the cut loaf on a medium baking sheet and bake it in the preheated oven until they are dry and firm.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, lemon juice, garlic powder, spinach, water chestnuts, pimento peppers and dry vegetable soup mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf.
- Bake this bread in the preheated oven until it is bubbly and lightly brown.
- Heat the cut up bread pieces until lightly toasted.
This is a great recipe that is both a crowd pleaser and contains many vegetables that help you serve nutrients along with this flavorful mix.
- Half a cup of chopped onions
- One green bell pepper
- One bunch green onions
- Two jalapeno peppers
- One tablespoon of minced garlic
- One pint of cherry tomatoes
- One eighth bottle of zesty Italian dressing
- One can of black beans
- One can of black-eyed peas
- Half a teaspoon of ground coriander
- One bunch of chopped, fresh cilantro
How To Prepare:
- Take a large bowl and mix together onion, green bell pepper, green onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cherry tomato.
- Add the zesty Italian dressing, black beans, black-eyed peas and coriander next.
- Cover the bowl with an aluminium foil and chill in the refrigerator for approximately two hours.
- Toss this mixture with the desired amount of fresh cilantro to serve.
With these healthy snacks recipes, you are bound to get many compliments from your friends who are food lovers as well as all those friends who are gym freaks.
So, go ahead and make these recipes to serve for your house party next time.