Admit it, we all have been there and experienced the small hunger! It is the most mischievous thing as you cannot eat a whole pizza but a piece or two of pizza won’t satisfy your hunger! And it will stand up in the middle of the night when you are binge-watching your favorite show!
Well, you can’t definitely order something in the middle of the night but you can make something easy and quick to fix your small hunger. Taco is a dish that you can’t get enough of and adding chicken will do wonders!
Tacos are invented to satisfy our late-night cravings and the addition of chicken will make your tummy full and help you to stretch another few episodes of your favorite show! Adding spiced chicken and yummy topping will make you go awe of this recipe.
These quickly grilled chicken tacos topped with Pico de Gallo and creamy sauce is what you need to add some flavors in your food! You can add these spicy and fantastic tacos to your weeknight dinner menu and please your entire family.
The flavor will dance on your taste buds and will keep you full for a long time and you can prepare and serve them on the go too!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8 tacos
- 1 pound of boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
For Pico de Gallo
- ½ cup of onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup of tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Method to Prepare
- Take a large bowl and combine chicken, garlic, olive oil, lime, and spices.
- Stir them well to combine them thoroughly.
- Take a large skillet and heat it on medium-high flame and cook chicken for about 6 to 7 minutes per side or until it is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes and once cooled, chop into small cubes.
- While cooking the chicken, take a small bowl and combine chopped tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Sear tortillas on the stovetop over the flame until lightly charred.
- Assemble the tacos by adding about ¼ cup of chicken into every tortilla.
- Top it with a few tablespoons of the Pico de Gallo and drizzle the cilantro sauce (recipe in notes).
- Serve it and enjoy the flavors!
- Feel free to customize your tacos as you can add a slice of avocado or make it a traditional Mexican dish with adding guacamole, chopped tomatoes, corn, and shredded cheese.
- Recipe for cilantro sauce: combine ¼ cup of mayo or sour cream, ¼ cup of greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 2 tablespoons of minced cilantro, and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Calories: 112kcal
- Carbs: 2g
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg
Add this amazing chicken tacos recipe to your weeknight dinner menu and surprise your family with its amazing flavors. Made in just about 20 minutes, bring Mexican street food on your dining table and let the tacos go wild on your plates!