The Keto diet can be tricky, and you may find it hard to pair your main keto meal with something keto side. Well, we have something that will play the perfect side role to your main keto dish. This Keto zucchini recipe is one of the most delicious and flavorful side dishes!
Low in carbohydrates and high in flavors – this cheese keto zucchini recipe is brimming with fresh zucchini, cheddar, and parmesan, with a crispy topping. Layer upon layer of zucchini with the cheese overload will light up your family’s eyes!
Full of zucchini, rich cream, and cheese – this keto zucchini recipe is going to ooze your guests with its flavors and mesmerizing aroma. This recipe is made with just a handful of ingredients and will be your go-to option for a prompt weeknight dinner.
Share this keto zucchini recipe with your friends and family members who don’t like zucchini. Just one spoonful of zucchini casserole will change their mind for sure!
Try this healthy, low carb, gluten-free, and delicious cheese zucchini casserole and make a great way to use up that bounty of summer squash.
Cheesy Keto Zucchini Casserole Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 Sevres
- Three medium zucchini, sliced
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Swiss Gruyere shredded cheese blend, divided
- 3 oz Brie cheese, edges cut off
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced or crushed
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
Method to Prepare:
- First, toss zucchini slices with sea salt.
- Now, take zucchini in a colander and let it drain for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F.
- Now, take a small (1.5 L) casserole dish, arrange the zucchini slices in several overlapping rows, sprinkle very lightly with half of the shredded cheese between rows.
- Use about 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Season the zucchini cheese casserole with black pepper.
- Take a small saucepan and combine brie cheese, cream, milk, butter, and garlic.
- Heat these ingredients for a few minutes on the stove over low to medium flame until the cheese melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Taste the mixture, and if needed, Two, then add sea salt to taste.
- Pour this mixture over the cheese and zucchini casserole.
- Now, pour the remaining shredded cheese blend on the top of the prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, until the cheese melts and turns golden in color and the zucchini is soft.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Cut square pieces once cooled and serve it warm.
- If you are a fan of soft zucchini but the casserole is already turned brown, loosely place an aluminum foil over the baking dish to prevent further browning.
- Before you lift out pieces, let the casserole cool for about 20 minutes. Then cut perfect squares, start with cutting from sides and then lift the ideal amount of zucchini.
Zucchini may not be the favorite veggie of your kids or family members, but change their thoughts with this delectable cheesy zucchini cheese casserole. This keto zucchini recipe is effortless to make and delicious to eat! Try this casserole and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal with your family!