Do you have a family that loves pizza in morning, noon, and night? If yes, we are sure they will adore these little Bread Pizza Pockets. An ideal snack for kids and adults alike, these pizza pockets have the potential to take your party to the next level with their flavors and crispiness.
This snack recipe is full of veggies, so you need not worry about running behind your kids to tell them to eat their vegetables.
Now, let’s see how you can create these little pockets of healthiness and deliciousness.
How to Make Pizza Pockets Using Slices of Bread?
Made using leftover bread slices, a spoonful of pizza sauce, and your favourite veggies – these bread pizza pockets will be your family’s favourite snack.
To make these pockets crispier, use white sandwich bread and fry it to perfection for the desired crunchy texture.
Another reason why we love this recipe is that it is ultra-customisable!
You can use traditional pizza toppings like (definitely not pineapple!) onions, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, sweet corn kernels, or even meat.
We have used store-bought pizza sauce in this recipe. However, this easy pizza sauce recipe can make the sauce from scratch. Now, let’s see how you can make these pockets at home.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- 4 Slices of bread, cut in a round shape
- One onion, chopped
- One tomato, chopped
- 1 ½ cup red, green, and yellow bell peppers, chopped
- A handful of black olives
- Salt, as per taste
- Two tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- One teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- 1 ½ tablespoon of grated cheese
- Water to seal the bread slices
- Oil for frying
- Mayonnaise, for garnishing
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, take a large bowl.
- Then, add onion and tomato.
- Add bell peppers and olives too.
- Now, sprinkle salt and add a dollop of pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle oregano and red chilli flakes.
- Your filling is ready!
- Now, flatten the bread using either a rolling pin or a glass.
- Add the prepared stuffing to one slice.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheese.
- Brush the sides of the bread with water.
- Now, put another slice on top and seal the pocket.
- Your bread pizza pockets are ready!
- Slide them carefully in hot oil.
- Fry them until golden brown.
- Remove them on paper napkins to eliminate the excess oil.
- Serve it with mayonnaise, and enjoy!
- These pockets are perfect for weekend lunch as you can serve them with a salad or a cup of Iced Americano.
- You can also pair these pockets with these delicious Onion Rings and serve them as a game-day snack.