Are you looking for a delicious, delectable, and easy-to-make dessert recipe? If yes, then this banana cake recipe helps you make the simplest and most toothsome cake with a super light, fluffy, and moist texture. No wonder why it will be your family’s favorite cake as it will taste as rich and smooth as banana split cake!
Though there are numerous variations of banana cakes, this is by far the simplest one which requires no layering at all! Do try this recipe and we know that everyone in your family will become a huge fan of this recipe.
Where did Banana Cake Originate?
In the Philippines, banana bread is usually known as “Banana Cake.” It was introduced during the American colonial period in the country.
Banana bread and cake are two different recipes but the base ingredient is the same for both of them. As their name suggests, banana bread is a type of bread made with some mashed bananas while the banana cake is made with bananas as the prime ingredient. Here, we will be learning how to make the banana cake in a Philippines’ way.
How to Make Banana Cake at Home?
Banana cake is a delicious, one-bowl recipe made from mashed ripe bananas and whole wheat flour. Tasty and healthier than your traditional cakes, you’re just going to feast on these cake slices. This snack is popularly enjoyed in high tea and small get-togethers.
The recipe may seem complicated and long but need not worry, our recipes are easy-to-make and can be made in under an hour. All you need to do to make this easy banana cake is to gather ingredients like all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, brown sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and white sugar along with bananas.
You can also make it healthier by replacing white sugar with jaggery. Another best thing is that you can make it with either whole wheat flour or white wheat flour. The eggs will eliminate any taste of wheat flour from the recipe.
So, let’s see how this recipe can help you make this delicious and easy banana cake at home!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 serves
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 150 ml buttermilk
- 100 gm unsalted butter
- 2 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 banana
- 150 gm brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare a loaf pine by lining it with butter paper.
- If not using butter paper, you can also smear it with oil or butter. Once done, dust the pan with a little dry flour.
- Now, for the cake batter, add all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda to a large bowl. Keep the bowl aside until required.
- Then, take another large bowl and add unsalted butter to it along with brown and white sugar.
- With the help of an electric beater, beat together all the ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Once the butter-sugar mixture is creamy, sift eggs, one at a time, and beat well after every addition.
- Then, peel bananas and add them to the mixture. Beat it once again.
- Now, add the flour mixture to this bowl along with buttermilk, and beat it one last time to form the batter.
- Ensure that there are no lumps in the loaf pan. Add chopped walnuts to it and stir using a spoon.
- Transfer this batter to the greased pan. Tap it on the kitchen surface to remove the air bubble.
- Slide the pan into the preheated oven and bake it for about 20 to 30 minutes. After half an hour, take out the pan and let it cool at room temperature.
- Your cake is ready. Cut into pieces and serve it warm with tea or coffee.
Soft, moist, and fluffy – this banana cake recipe will become your favorite recipe when you have too many ripped bananas in your fridge. With just a little effort, you will be able to bake a delectable cake that will be loved by all! Serve it with Iced Americano or slather it with melted chocolate and enjoy!