The vegetarian risotto recipe is one of the most cheesy and luscious Italian delicacies loved and adored by people of all ages! If you hunt for a tasteful main course dish, then this recipe is full of some lip-smacking flavors.
The city of Milan is not only famous for its two football clubs as it is also the birthplace of risotto – a rice-based dish. The very first version of this dish was known as Risotto Alla Milanese, made using butter, onion, white wine, stock, salt, saffron, and Parmesan.
Effortless Vegetarian Risotto Recipe!
Italian cuisine is not all about pizzas and pasta! Vegetable Risotto is one of the classiest Italian dishes made using creamy arborio rice and some assorted veggies. This recipe is slowly cooked in vegetable stock, adding it in steps till arborio rice is fluffed up and creamy.
So, it is time for you to add this vegetarian risotto recipe to your cookbook. All you need to do is check your fridge and freezer, find veggies and combine them with creamy arborio rice to make this fantastic dish.
If you want to enjoy a silky and creamy risotto, then go for slow-cooking as it will release all the rice starch. The addition of veggies makes this recipe one of the healthiest and tastiest dishes you will ever eat!
So, let’s see how we can make this delicious and easy-to-prepare Vegetarian Risotto Recipe at home!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 3 serves
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- Two tablespoons Butter (Salted)
- 1/4 cup Onions, finely chopped
- Four cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1-liter vegetable stock
- ½ cup Bell Peppers, red, yellow, green, finely chopped
- 8 Button mushrooms, chopped
- Three tablespoons fresh cream
- 3/4 cup Cheese, processed and grated
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper powder, to taste
- Dried oregano, powder to garnish
Method to Prepare
- Begin the recipe by adding a preheated heavy-bottomed pan with a teaspoon of butter.
- Now, add onions and minced garlic to the pan and saute it for around 5 minutes.
- Once the onion is tender, add rice to the pan, and pour some vegetable broth. Bring the pan to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame and let it simmer till the broth is completely absorbed.
- Now, add the remaining stock and simmer until the rice is thoroughly cooked and there is no stock left in the pan.
- You can add warm water to the pan if the stock is already dried up before the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the veggies.
- Take another pan and one teaspoon of butter to it. Now, add capsicums and mushrooms.
- Season the vegetarian risotto recipe with salt and pepper.
- Now, saute in between till the veggies are nicely done. Cook the veggies on low flame if you love crispiness and some nice grilled texture.
- Once the rice is done, grate cheese, cream, and give it a good mix to combine everything well.
- Now, add the roasted veggies, some ground pepper, and oregano powder.
- Give it a gentle stir and serve it hot!
Enjoy this delightful vegetarian risotto recipe with your family and friends on special occasions like game nights, kitty parties, potlucks, and birthday parties. Amaze them with your culinary skills, and try this risotto recipe to make your rainy monsoon evenings memorable!