Combine spiced basmati rice with crunchy cashews, rich coconut flakes, and sweet raisins and toss it with nourishing roasted veggies to make the delicious vegetable tofu biryani at home. This flavor-packed vegetarian tofu biryani is as delicious as it is pretty and can be perfect for special occasions.
Adding tofu to the biryani will provide you with loads of nutrients and the high-fiber content of the ingredients will keep your colon healthy and keep its cancer at bay. Additionally, tofu is also known to be a memory-boosting item and might prevent memory loss as you get older.
How to Make Tofu Vegetable Biryani at Home?
When you have leftover rice at home and want to utilize it to make a healthy and delicious dish then you can try this tofu vegetable biryani. It is full of nutrients, can be whipped in just 30 minutes, and is the best way to easily add veggies to your kids’ meal.
The heady aromas, vibrant colors, and spiced tofu will make this biryani like a love song to your stomach. You’ve got the tangy notes from the ginger chutney and sweet chords from the roasted red peppers and green peas!
Making this tofu vegetable biryani is very easy. Gather the cooked basmati rice, combine veggies, and add tofu, Boom! Your tofu biryani is ready. A perfect dish to try when your kids want something flavorful and you want them to eat their veggies – let’s see how you can make this biryani at home easily.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4 serves
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- One 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and very finely minced
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 4 green cardamom pods
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces medium-firm tofu, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
Method to Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Take a small pot and combine basmati rice and water and bring to a boil over a high flame.
- Once boiled, reduce the flame to the lowest and cook the rice covered for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from the flame and let it sit, covered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a large pan and heat oil over a medium-high flame. Add onion and cook them until translucent, for 7 minutes.
- Throw garlic and ginger and cook for a minute. Then, add tomatoes, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, garam masala, and sea salt. Cook everything for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the tofu, raisins, and slivered almonds.
- Add half of the rice to the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Then, layer in half of the tofu mixture, then add the rest of the rice, and finally, add the remaining tofu.
- Slide the dish inside the oven and cook it uncovered for half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, your dish will be ready. Serve it warm and enjoy!
This lip-smacking tofu biryani will not only satisfy your taste buds but will also ensure that your body gets all the nutrients it needs from the tofu. Plus, it is very easy to make as you can also use the leftover rice to make this biryani. So, without wasting your time, make this dish and enjoy the goodness of tofu in the most delicious way!