Are you a vegan and want to enjoy the traditional English Yorkshire Pudding? Well, need not worry, we have something special for you. Let’s make a delicious, easy, and authentic Yorkshire pudding with a little vegan twist. With only five ingredients, this modified Sunday dinner staple Yorkies will be a hit among your friends and family!
Traditional Yorkshire pudding appeared in the Art of Cookery, Made Plain and Easy by Hannah Glasse in 1747! At that time, Hannah Glasse was one of the most famous food writers, and the popularity of her book spread the awesomeness of the Yorkshire pudding.
The Best Vegan Yorkshire Pudding Recipe!
Traditional Yorkshire puddings are NOT vegan at all! They are naturally made with eggs, and in some cases, with drippings from beef, pork fat, prime rib, and more. Now, as a vegan, you can’t eat this at all!
Hence, to help vegans, we present you with the best Yorkshire pudding recipe with a vegan twist! Tall, crispy, golden sides, soft and slightly gooey bottoms, and a deep hollow – you will fall in love with this vegan version of the famous pudding.
This gluten-free and vegan Yorkshire pudding is extremely simple to make, crusty, and a perfect side dish to feast with your main course. If you have an egg allergy or are vegan, you will go gaga over this recipe. Let’s see how to make Yorkshire pudding, the vegan version!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 puddings
- 200 grams of self-raising flour
- 50 grams of chickpea flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200 ml aquafaba [liquid from the chickpea can]
- 500 ml of non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Sunflower oil for cooking
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 425F/220C and put one tablespoon of oil in a 6-hole muffin tin hole.
- Place the oil-filled muffin tins in the oven and bake them until the oil is piping hot, for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let’s make the batter.
- Take a large bowl and combine chickpea flour, baking powder, and turmeric. Add a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Take a small bowl and whisk the aquafaba and the non-dairy milk. Now, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat them well.
- Let the dough mixture rest for 10 minutes. Make this dough an hour before for better rest.
- Now, pour the batter into a measuring cup.
- Quickly, take the hot oil-filled muffin tins out from the oven and pour the batter into each hole.
- Ensure that you don’t overfill and leave a small space at the top. Return the tins to the oven as fast as possible.
- Now, bake the muffins for 10 minutes, and then turn down the heat to 375F/190C for an additional 15 minutes baking session until your puddings are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and use the back of the spoon to create a “well” in the middle.
- Let the Yorkshire pudding cool in the tray for 15 minutes, and then remove them with a spoon.
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, serve them and enjoy!
Must Check: Onion Rings Recipe: How to Make Old Fashioned and Extra Crispy Onion Rings!
These vegan Yorkshire puddings have a crispy crust and fluffy inside without using eggs or animal products. This vegan version is pretty easy to make once you get the knack and can be prepared in less than an hour for a quick and tasty side! So, try it and enjoy this vegan version of Yorkies and feast on the delicacy!