If you are getting tired of eating chicken tikka masala or paneer tikka masala then this veg tikka masala recipe is just perfect for you. This recipe is made from cauliflower, chickpeas, and a rich and creamy tomato sauce.
You won’t miss your chicken as in this recipe, the flavors are present, and with a healthy boost of veggies for you; everybody will be eager to add this delicious and healthy recipe in their cookbook. It is full of flavors and will make your tummy filled with healthy and nutritious food!
You’ll think that it will be a long and lengthy process to make this recipe. No, it is pretty easy and takes very little time to get prepare. You can make this healthy dish in less than 20 minutes and serve a good and nourishing dish in no time!
Veg Tikka Masala Recipe
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 yellow diced onion
- 1 large chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, for garnishing
- Basmati rice and Naan, for serving
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large skillet pot and heat oil over medium heat and add onion and carrot until tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Now, it is time to stir in tomato sauce, ginger, garlic, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Add these flavor-inducing spices and cook them until well combined, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now, add in cauliflower florets, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth in it and bring it to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer it for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer it until the cauliflower is tender and the sauce is thickened.
- Now, stir in chickpeas, coconut milk, and lemon juice to add that delicious tangy flavor in the dish.
- Cook, heated through, for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish in it with cilantro to give it a rich and delicious look and serve it with rice or naan to your guests and family!
- Use fresh ginger and garlic as it will maximize your dish’s flavor and make it more flavorful and you will have a blast of flavors in your mouth!
- Use canned full fat coconut milk as you’ll want your tikka masala rich and creamy. Shake it well before you use milk from the can.
- If you don’t need the recipe to be vegan, then you can substitute coconut milk with heavy cream and need not worry as it will not affect the recipe’s taste!
- Calories: 133kcal
- Total Fat: 9g
- Carbs: 12g
- Protein: 2g
You can make this dish very easily and with lots of nutrients available in this dish; you can make it any time and make a healthy and wholesome recipe for your dinner. You can serve it either Basmati rice or Naan and make a delicious and lip-smacking recipe very quickly!