Gelato is one of the favorite desserts of people when the weather is hot outside. This Vanilla Gelato Recipe is a perfect treat to our taste buds with a creamy, dense texture and intense vanilla flavor. Vanilla gelato is similar to vanilla bean ice cream, but there is no heavy milk involved for the twist. Instead, Gelato is made with milk.
If you want to try Gelato at home, this easy Vanilla Gelato Recipe is perfect. In no time, you will be making delicious and creamy Gelato at home! Gelato is known for its intense and pure taste, and its vivid color and clean texture feel people amazed when they hear Gelato.
If you are dieting and want to have some ice cream, this Vanilla Gelato Recipe is perfect. This recipe contains less fat than standard ice cream. The reason is simple; cream is the base ingredient of ice cream, whereas milk is used to make Gelato.
Fat works wonder on our tongue and give us a lovely and silky aftertaste. However, it also tends to mute flavors. This is why you will find Gelato more delicious, bright, and intense.
If you can’t find vanilla beans, then fret not! Another option is to use vanilla bean paste. Use one teaspoon of vanilla extract per one vanilla bean. You can purchase vanilla extract online as well as from grocery stores.
So, let’s see how you can make this heavenly Vanilla Gelato recipe at home.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Freezing Time: 6 hours
- Servings: 8 serves
- 2 cups whole milk
- Four large egg yolks
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Method to Prepare:
- Take a medium saucepan and heat milk and vanilla extract. Stir occasionally with a spatula.
- In the meantime, take a medium-sized bowl and vigorously whisk the egg yolks and sugar till the yolks lighten in color slightly.
- Now, remove the milk from the flame and gradually add it into the sugar and egg mixture.
- Continue whisking while pouring the hot milk.
- Now, pour everything back into the saucepan.
- Put back the saucepan on the flame again and stir it until you get a thick mixture for approximately 5 minutes.
- Now, remove it from the heat and let it cool overnight.
- Now, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and cook the gelato as the manufacturer’s instructions, until it’s frozen and scoopable.
- Alternatively, place the prepared milk into a metal container and slide it into the freezer.
- Now, add gelato into the prepared milk. Let it freeze overnight.
- Scoop the Vanilla Gelato the next day and enjoy!
Never tried to make gelato before? Well, don’t worry, this Vanilla Gelato recipe will help you with that! Try this gelato recipe at home and enjoy one of the most unique and toothsome Italian desserts