These stuffed mushrooms are not only lip-smackingly delicious but an effortless mushroom appetizer recipe too! With this delectable appetizer recipe, make a delicious side dish for your party.
If you are a home cook, then a good mushroom appetizer recipe should be in your cookbook! This recipe is effortless, flavor-infusing, and great for parties, with endless customization and variations.
Lip-smacking Stuffed Mushroom Appetizer Recipe!
These easy-to-cook stuffed mushrooms are a quick appetizer that needs no high-end cooking skills. You can make these mushrooms effortlessly with loads of customizations. Stuff your favorite filling in the mushroom and enjoy them.
However, make sure that you serve them immediately after taking them out of the oven. Otherwise, they will become soggy, and you won’t be able to enjoy their best flavors. So, enjoy them while hot with the dip of your choice, such as tangy mango chutney.
Try this classic stuffed mushroom appetizer recipe infused with shallots, garlic, walnuts, breadcrumbs, and chopped mushroom stems. Sprinkle some parmesan, slide them in the oven, and you have a perfect holiday appetizer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6 serves
- 20 button mushrooms, scrubbed, stems separated from the caps,
- Separated stems, finely chopped
- One tablespoon butter
- Two small shallots, minced, about two tablespoons
- One large garlic clove, minced
- Two tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Two tablespoons chopped parsley
- One teaspoon dried thyme
- A small bowl of breadcrumbs
- Two tablespoons sherry
- Two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One medium cup of grated parmesan cheese
Method to Prepare
- Before starting the recipe, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Now, take a small frying pan and heat one tablespoon of butter over medium-high flame.
- Then, sauté the prepared mushroom stems and shallots into butter for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Throw in garlic and walnuts and sprinkle salt as per your taste. Give it a good stir and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and add parsley, herbs, and breadcrumbs.
- Pour some sherry along with the stuffing into a food processor.
- Pulse the mixture several times until you get a paste.
- Now, take a pan and add olive oil to it. Toss the stemless mushroom caps for a few seconds.
- Once sautéd, fill them with the stuffing and place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan over each mushroom.
- Now, slide the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake it for around 20 minutes until the cheese browns slightly.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stuff these button mushrooms with garlicky, herby breadcrumbs, and boatloads of cheese! This recipe is an effortless and delicious side dish that can infuse flavors into your party! Everybody is going to just love this Stuffed Mushroom Recipe with sweet and sour cream cheese dip!