These Shami Kababs are one of the most loved mutton recipes and will surely entice guests to keep having one more! Here, the crust will be crispily fried, and the filling will be tender and juicy!
The story of Shami kebabs’ invention goes like this. These kababs were invented by a chef who wanted to serve a soft and easy dish to chew as his Nawab, who lost all of his teeth due to his general overindulgence.
The Best and Easiest Shami Kabab Recipe!
If you follow this quick and easy Shami kabab recipe closely, you will have a plate full of delicious kebabs that will melt in your mouth with each bite.
This kabab recipe is made with succulent minced mutton cubes, chana dal, spicy masala, and fillings of onions, coriander leaves, and green chilis. You can also substitute mutton with chicken cubes to create one of the tastiest chicken kabab recipes.
Additionally, our kababs recipe is kid-friendly, naturally gluten-free, and so wholesome! With this easy recipe, you can make a large batch to enjoy some now and freeze the rest for later!
So, let’s see how you can make succulent and spicy kebabs with this easy and delicious Shami kabab recipe!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 500 gm chopped into cubes of mutton
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered green cardamom
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 10 green cardamom
- salt as required
- 1 boiled egg
- 4 tablespoons chana dal
- 1/4 teaspoon spice black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon clove
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- water as required
- 2 medium finely chopped onion
- 2 small finely chopped green chili
- 1 handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
Method to Prepare
- Take a pan and add mutton, water, red chili powder, cumin seeds, and black pepper.
- Then, add green cardamom powder, chana dal, garlic, ginger, cardamom pods, salt, and cloves to it.
- Cover the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and keep cooking until the water evaporates and the meat is tender.
- Once it is done, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, make stuffing of chopped onion, coriander leaves, and green chilis. Adjust salt according to your taste.
- Once cool, add everything into a mixer jar and grind them to a paste.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of homemade garam masala and mashed boiled egg into the paste.
- Now, shape the kebabs with the mutton mixture and stuff the kebabs with the onion mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot enough, deep fry the kebabs until brown.
- Serve them hot with green chutney, and enjoy!
You can also relish this Shami kababs with homemade garlic naan and serve them as a full meal. Whatever you choose, the lip-smacking flavors and soft texture of kebabs will surely gonna surprise your taste buds!