The most enjoyed and loved sweet food during the holy month of Shravan and as well during celebrations and festivals like Janmashtmi. This Tapioca Pudding or Sago pudding (Sabudana Kheer Recipe) is super easy to make and delicious to eat!
Nourishing and full of sweetness, you are just going to enjoy these sweet pearls infused in milk! Simple Sabudana is bland in taste but adding dry fruits, flavor milk, and some spices. If you want to replace rice dishes, you can replace it with sabudana kheer.
You will wonder why people eat Sabudana during the fasting period; the reason is simple, it has loads of energy stored in them. Sabudana will feel you with instant energy and it is gluten-free and non-allergic too; anybody and everybody can have Sabudana without worrying about anything!
Fasting-Special Sabudana Kheer Recipe
It is an ingredient that is specially eaten in fasts and vrats. But, the delicacy is so delicious and tempting that you cannot stop yourself from making it on general days. So, let’s hop on the train and make a delicious and creamy Sabudana Kheer at your home!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6
- 1-liter full cream milk
- Half cup of Sabudana
- 15-20 strands of Kesar
- Half teaspoon of cardamom powder
- One-fourth cup of sugar
- 2 chopped cashews
- Half tablespoons of raisins
Method to Prepare:
- Before you start your recipe, wash and soak Sabudana in a half cup of water for 4 to 5 hours as it will soften the Sabudana.
- Take a pan and put it on the stovetop and begin to cook the Sabudana pearls.
- Meanwhile, heat or warm the milk but you need not boil it. Boiling the milk will ruin the taste of the Kheer and you will get a burnt taste in your mouth.
- After heating the milk for 4 to 5 minutes, add it into the pan full of Sabudana pearls and continue to cook.
- Now, it is time to add sugar and cardamom powder into the milk and simmer till the pearls have cooked perfectly for about 20 to 25 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- You have to keep on stirring occasionally to stop lumps from forming up in the pan.
- Switch off the flame and add cashews and raisins and stir it for one last time.
- Take it out in a serving bowl and garnish it with saffron strands to make it colorful and tasty.
- Serve your Kheer hot and if you want to serve it as a dessert then serve it cold and tasty!
- Calories – 456kcal
- Carbs – 78g
- Fat – 12g
- Cholesterol – 24mg
- Calcium – 306mg
- Protein – 10g
- Sugar – 40g
No more bland food on the day of fast! Rejoice everyone as the most simple yet deliciously sweet dish is here to make your Shravan and Janmashtami full of sweetness. This Sravana, fill your house with the sugariness of sago pearls and fill bowls with the delicious Sabudana kheer by preparing this Sabudana kheer Recipe and make your fasting enjoyable and tasty!