Do you always throw out the leftover rice? Do you have some leftover rice in the refrigerator and wondering what to do with it? Then, why not try something amazing with your leftover rice, like creamy and delicious rice pudding, one of the most comforting desserts you will definitely love to have.
This rice pudding recipe is a great and different way to use leftover rice, moreover prevent you from wasting the food. Don’t have leftover rice? It’s great, no worries, you can make this pudding using the uncooked rice as well. The only difference will be the quantity of milk you will use for the mixture. If you love pudding-like desserts, don’t miss having a great treat with ultimate creamy comfort in a bowl.
You can enjoy this rice pudding warm or cold, whatever way you want to have it. The garnishing with raisins and cinnamon powder adds a flavor to this pudding. If you are not a fan of raisins, you can leave it. But, honestly, adding raisins is something that makes this creamy rice pudding recipe more delicious. So, try not to avoid it or you can add your favorite dried fruits.
Classic Rice Pudding Recipe
Don’t underestimate the richness of the pudding, though it is quite traditional, once you try, it will become your favorite dessert. So, let’s start making this wonderful rice pudding recipe. Enjoy another favorite dessert of yours!
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20-40 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- 1 cup of white rice or 3 cups of cooked rice
- 3-4 cups of milk
- One-third cup of granulated sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 and a half teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter (optional)
- Half cup of raisins
- 2 pinches of cinnamon powder
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large saucepan and add 1 cup of uncooked white rice and 4 cups of milk in it. If you are using cooked rice then take 3 cups of it and 3 cups of milk and add both to the saucepan.
- Now, you have to add granulated sugar and salt. After this, add 1 and a half teaspoon of vanilla extract. It will add a great flavor to your rice pudding.
- Once all these ingredients are mixed well, it’s time to cook this mixture. So, once it comes to the boiling point, bring the mixture to the medium heat and make sure to stir it continuously to avoid sticking this mixture to the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to the simmer and cook it uncovered while stirring the mixture occasionally. It needs to be cooked until the rice tender and the mixture turns thick. It will take around 20-25 minutes if you are using uncooked rice or 10-12 minutes if you are using cooked rice.
- Once the rice is cooked properly, remove the saucepan from the heat and add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. Taste it and check for the sweetness, add more sugar if you want this pudding sweeter.
- Always keep in mind that rice pudding will always thicken as the mixture cools. So, cook it accordingly and you can add more milk as per the required consistency.
- The rice pudding recipe is ready; it can be served warm or cold with raisins and cinnamon powder at the top.
- Keep the consistency of the mixture as per your choice. If you want a little thin rice pudding, then remove it from the heat when it has a little thin consistency.
- You can keep the leftover pudding in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When you want to serve it, simply reheat it over low heat and add some milk because it gets thick when cold.
Nutritional Value (Per Serving):
- Calories: 135cal
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fiber: 4.9g
How about a bowl of warm, flavorful, creamy, and sweet rice pudding, moreover with raisins and cinnamon powder over it? Obviously, you can’t wait anymore. So, make this easiest rice pudding recipe, from now you will make some extra rice to prepare rice pudding the next day.