A popular south Indian crepe recipe made with semolina, rice flour, and plain flour – Rava Dosa Recipe is one of the most loved items! When you compare the traditional rice batter, you will find the batter of semolina dosa thin, which yields crisp and flaky dosa.
You can serve it on any occasion, but it is generally a morning breakfast with spicy kara chutney and veg kurma.
A thin batter is made of sooji, rice flour, maida, and water or buttermilk. You can add unique flavors to the batter by throwing onions, green chilies, and some more herbs & spices.
This prepared batter is then poured on a hot tawa with a small steel bowl to get a netted effect on the dosa. It will be cooked till the sides are golden crisp and then served hot.
If you wish to make thin and crispy Rava Dosa, make sure your batter is very thin. Rava dosa is one of the quick breakfasts that people love to eat!
So, let’s learn how you can make this Rava Dosa Recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 10 Dosa
- ½ cup Rava / semolina / suji (coarse)
- ½ cup rice flour (fine)
- ¼ cup maida / all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp curd / yogurt (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cup water
- One chili (finely chopped)
- 1-inch ginger (grated)
- ½ tsp pepper (crushed)
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera
- few curry leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- One onion (finely chopped)
- 1½ water
- oil (for roasting)
Method to Prepare:
- Firstly, take a large mixing bowl and add ½ cup Rava, ½ cup rice flour, and ¼ cup maida.
- Also, add 1 tbsp curd, 1 tsp salt, and 2½ cup water.
- Now, whisk all the ingredients and make sure that there are no lumps.
- Then, add one chili, 1-inch ginger, ½ tsp pepper, 1 tsp cumin, a few curry leaves, 2 tbsp coriander, and one onion into the batter.
- Lastly, add 1½ cup of water and prepare a watery batter.
- Let the batter rest for about 20 minutes, making sure the Rava has absorbed water.
- Now, pour dosa batter onto the hot pan with the help of a small steel bowl.
- Instantly, lower the flame and cook until the sides are golden and crisp.
- Finally, fold the dosa in half and serve it in a banana leaf.
- Pair it up with tomato chutney and coconut chutney, and enjoy!
- Before making them, always soak the semolina for around 20 to 30 minutes for the batter.
- Remember one thing – the batter has to be thin. Medium consistency can also stop you from having crisp dosa.
- When pouring the batter, make sure the tawa or pan is hot. Keep the flame medium or medium-high.
- This dosa will take more time to cook compared to the regular dosa.
A perfect dish for all occasions. All you will need is just 30 minutes and a few simple ingredients, and boom! You will be able to make this amazingly delicious Rava Dosa Recipe for your lunch, dinner, or breakfast meal. So, try this instant Rava Dosa Recipe and enjoy the Southern flavors!