Everyone has watched the Disney-Pixar movie called- Ratatouille once and if you have not seen it then stop what you are doing and just go and watch it immediately! If you have seen it then you know about the Ratatouille Recipe Remy makes in the end to save Linguini!
Well, that famous French dish was a Ratatouille Recipe and if you wish to make that awesome dish at home, Don’t worry, here you’ll be present with the whole recipe and ingredients and nutritional values.
Appetizing Ratatouille Recipe
This Ratatouille recipe is packed with fresh produce: tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash, and bell pepper. Lots of healthy nutrients together create this delicious recipe. So try this dish and relive the movie again with the dish you make!
- Prep time: 45 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- 6-ounces of tomato paste
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¾ cup of water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small eggplant, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons of cheese (your choice of cheese)
Method to Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and spread tomato paste into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle it with onion and garlic and stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and water until thoroughly combined and season it with salt and black pepper.
- Now, it is time for the most important part of the recipe as you’ll be arranging all the vegetables as Remy arranges it in the movie. So, pay your utmost attention now!
- Arrange alternating slices of eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper, starting at the outer edge of the baking dish and making your way concentrically to the center.
- If you overlap the slices a little bit; it will create a visual beauty like a rainbow inside your baking dish and will make your dish stunning and fine-looking!
- Drizzle these vegetables with 3 tablespoons of olive oil to give them a sparkly look and season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper to add flavor into this awesome dish!
- Finally, sprinkle some thyme leaves to give it a rich look and mind-refreshing flavor and cover it with parchment paper cut to fit inside.
- Bake it in the oven until the vegetables are roasted and tender, for about 45 minutes.
- Serve it with dollops of your favorite cheese and bon appétit!
- Calories: 275kcal
- Total fat: 19g
- Carbs: 25g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Enjoy this amazing visual beauty Ratatouille Recipe! And enjoy your weekend night with this presenting this colorful and full of nutrients dish too your family while watching this movie to make it an unforgettable experience of French cuisine and the awesome movie!