Many times when you come home late after a hectic schedule at your office, the options that are left for your dinner is either go for takeaway or get the leftovers in the refrigerator to make something easy and quick to eat. The main reason is you don’t have enough time to prepare dinner and want your dinner to be prepared faster.
Here, you can also choose another option i.e. to make 10-minute black bean tacos. Don’t you think that instead of eating something from your refrigerator, it would be good to enjoy hearty vegetarian tacos on your dining table? Black Bean Tacos recipe can be prepared within 10 minutes and you can get great relief from the extra kitchen time after a crazy day at the office.
Black beans are a great source of protein and when you will add veggies, such as cabbage, avocado and all, it will give you a satisfying vegetarian meal. It is the perfect quick recipe that is meant especially for hectic weeknights. This flavorful and delicious black bean tacos recipe is great in itself. Moreover, you can add your favorite veggies for the toppings.
These tacos can also be enjoyed anytime you want by serving them as a side dish. So, next time when you are organizing a party at your home, don’t forget to add these quick to make tacos with other dishes on the table.
Black Bean Tacos
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
To make Tacos
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- Chili powder 1 and half teaspoons
- Half teaspoon of cumin powder
- One-fourth teaspoon of salt, as per your taste
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- One-fourth cup of water
- 8 corn tortillas
To make serving
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 sliced avocado
- Lime wedges
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large skillet and heat oil over medium heat. Then, add onion and sauté them occasionally until they turn translucent, it may take around 2 minutes. Now, add chili powder, cumin powder and salt and mix these spices well.
- Next, add black beans and one-fourth cup of water.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and reduce the heat to simmer. Uncover the skillet after cooking the beans for 5-6 minutes. Check if beans are cooked by pressing them with the back of a fork. If they mash without putting much pressure, it means they are cooked now.
- If any water is left in the pan, simmer the bean mixture without covering it until the water evaporates, nearly for around 30 minutes. Taste it to check if more seasoning is required.
- In the meantime, take a microwave-safe plate to heat the tortillas. Stack and place them on it and cover them with a damp paper towel. You just need to microwave them for 30 seconds until they warm.
- Now, place tortillas on a serving plate and fill them with the black beans mixture. Spread shredded cabbage, avocado, and salsa over the black beans mixture and serve them with lime wedges.
- You can store the leftover tacos filling in an airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Enjoy quick tacos whenever you want.
- For the filling, you can add veggies as per your choice.
- Calories: 325cal
- Fat: 12.6g
- Carbohydrates: 46.1g
- Protein: 10.6g
- Fiber: 14.6g
This black bean tacos recipe is a quick and healthy way to add protein-rich black beans into your diet. It will surely be your favorite go-to weeknight dinner; moreover, your kids will also love to have them.