Do you love potatoes? Are you a big fan of cheese? Are you looking for what to do with the leftover mashed potatoes? Have you eaten potato cheese balls at some party and are looking for its recipe for a long time? Here, you will enjoy making a great recipe with some basic ingredients that can easily be available in your kitchen.
Potato cheese balls recipe is quite simple and can be prepared using easy to available ingredients. A combination of potato and cheese with crunchiness and the crispier recipe is something that cannot be compared with any other easy to make and simple cheesy potato snacks.
Potato Cheese Ball Recipe
The outside of these balls is crispy and golden brown, whereas from inside they are soft and fluffy with melted cheese. You know what? It is a perfect snack to enjoy anytime. Moreover, you can serve them hot to your guests by preparing them in advance and keeping them in the refrigerator. So, whenever you feel like serving these delicious balls to the guests or your family, simply take them out and fry.
The perfect snack to enjoy with tomato ketchup, mayo sauce, or sour cream! You will love it.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 16-18 balls
- 2 and a half cups of boiled and mashed potatoes
- Half teaspoon of Italian herbs
- Half teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Half cup of cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- Salt and black pepper as per the taste
- Oil for deep frying
Method to Prepare:
- Take a bowl and add mashed potatoes, Italian herbs, chili flakes, and some salt in it. Mix all ingredients well.
- Now, make some equal balls from this mixture with the help of hands. With this mixture, you can make up to 18 balls depending on the size you choose to make. Make sure that the size should be such that the cubes of cheddar cheese can be easily put within the balls.
- Now, take these balls in your palm one by one and press it a little using your palm.
- After this, place the cheese cube into the center of the potatoes mixture. Then, gently bring the edges of the pressed potatoes together and make a ball. Make sure that the cheese cube will not come out. Repeat this for all balls and keep them aside.
- Now, you have to make the dredge. So, take the separate bowls for the flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix some salt and crushed black pepper into the flour bowl. On the other side, keep the large plate ready for the balls.
- Now, it is time to coat the balls. So, take a potato ball and coat it with flour mixture, then coat with the beaten eggs and the final coat would be of the breadcrumbs. After this, keep the coated ball on the plate. Do the same for the rest of the potato balls.
- For frying, take a saucepan and heat the oil in it. Keep in mind that oil quantity should be enough to fry potato cheese balls completely. Also, keep ready the large plate with paper towels so that they can absorb extra oil.
- Put 4-5 potato balls into the hot oil with the help of the slotted spoon. Turn them occasionally and fry them until they turn crispy and brown. Repeat the same for the remaining balls.
- Your potato cheese balls are ready to serve hot and enjoy them with tomato ketchup, sour cream, or any sauce you like to have.
- When making flour dredge, you can add seasoning of your choice.
- If you don’t want to fry them immediately, simply prepare the balls and store them in the refrigerator and fry the balls whenever you want.
- Calories: 110cal
- Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
If you have leftover mashed potatoes in the refrigerator, then why not make these tasty potato cheese balls? This recipe will not take much of your time in the kitchen and will be ready to serve within 30 minutes. Delicious potato cheese balls recipe for snacking.