Weeknights are about maximum flavor in minimum time. This rich meatball traybake is a lifesaver after a long day at work. When you have a hectic day at the office and just don’t want to spend the rest of your time in the kitchen then you can try making these effortless and delicious oven-roasted meatballs with some kale pesto, sprinkled with some cheesy mozzarella!
Making these meatballs are as easy as it can get! Just some ingredients and you make this savory dish at your home without too much hassle! These meatballs are not only easy to make but are also flavorful and delicious.
You can also try these meatballs at your home now as we will help you create these amazingly easy meatballs without spending too much time near the kitchen station.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 serves
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (75g) fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (65g) kale pesto (from delis) or basil pesto, plus extra to serve
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch oregano, leaves picked
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 700ml tomato passata (sugo)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella
- Basil leaves, to serve
Method to Prepare:-
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs, pesto, and one-quarter chopped garlic in a bowl.
- Roughly chop half the oregano and add to the chicken mixture. Season, then form into 6cm meatballs.
- Heat oil in a deep ovenproof frypan over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook, turning, for 6-7 minutes until browned all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and remaining garlic to pan and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomato passata, season, then bring to a simmer.
- Return meatballs to pan and scatter with cheese and remaining oregano.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with extra pesto and basil leaves.
Read More:- Meatballs Recipe: How to Prepare?
Now, spend your free time with your family instead of cooking all the time in the kitchen with these easy-to-make and delicious to-eat meatballs! Try these oven-baked meatballs and bathe them with kale pesto and mozzarella cheese to enjoy one of the finest delicacies on your weekday dinner.