The season of mangoes is here and this is why many people love summer! The juicy, yellow fruit is termed the “King of fruits” and it justifies that tag as well. Now, imagine combining mango with chia seed and coconut milk. Yes, you will get the ultimate heat beating milkshake in your hand! Mangoes are full of magnesium and potassium, both of these minerals are best for lowering blood pressure and regulating our pulse.
Along with mangoes, chia seeds are amazingly beneficial as well. They may be small but they are full of antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. We are also adding coconut milk, which is a great source of medium-chain fatty acids and has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal properties.
So, let’s see how you can make this recipe!
Delicious Mango Chia Seed Smoothie Recipe!
Now, you know how beneficial these ingredients are and how they can benefit your overall health. So, imagine combining them all and making one of the best smoothie recipes that will help you not only beat the heat but will also satisfy your sweet tooth.
Additionally, the best thing about this recipe is that it can be made in just 10 minutes! Yes, you read that right. You will need just a few ingredients and 10 minutes of your time to create this smoothie from scratch.
So, let’s see how you can make this recipe at home and beat the heat in the most delicious way!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1 serve
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped peeled ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup ice cubes
Method to Prepare
- Take a small bowl and stir together chia seeds and coconut milk. Keep it aside to sit as it will allow chia seeds to plump slightly.
- Now, take the blender jar and add mangoes, 2 tablespoons of cold water, honey, and lime juice. Blend everything together on high until you get a smooth mixture.
- Then, add chia seed and coconut milk mixture and once again pulse the blender. Blend until everything is just combined. Ensure that you do not blend chia seeds too much.
- If the consistency is not right, then add 1 or two tablespoons of cold water.
- Serve it and enjoy!
Making this mango chia seed smoothie is very simple. With just a few ingredients and very little time, you can whip up a drink that will not only fill your body with energy but will also provide you with a delicious summer drink. So, try it today and enjoy this delectable and healthy smoothie!