Do you remember walking into a restaurant and convincing your parents to order malai kofta? Well, you need not have to convince them anymore because this malai kofta recipe will help you make this recipe at home! One of the most sought-after recipes – this malai kofta recipe will provide you with a creamy, rich, mild, and slightly sweet curry that is mouth-watering and adored by all!
By now, you will already know that malai kofta is a North Indian specialty that originated from Mughal cuisine due to its creamy, rich gravy. This dish has enjoyed amazing fanfare and featured in many restaurants around the world. If you are looking for an alternative dish to meatballs then malai kofta is your recipe!
Effortless and Scrumptious Malai Kofta Gravy Recipe!
An extremely popular and delicious North Indian creamy curry recipe made with mashed aloo and paneer balls dipped in a rich onion and tomato gravy. It is one of the jewels of the North Indian cuisine bucket and is loaded with malai or cooking cream.
Serve it with homemade garlic naan or jeera rice and enjoy a perfect scrumptious lunch or dinner meal. Make this malai kofta recipe a part of your special occasions and celebration or enjoy them for weekend dinners with your family that is indeed a feast for the taste buds!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 serves
- 100 gm paneer
- red chili powder as required
- 3 tablespoon ginger paste
- 100 gm cashews
- 200 gm onion
- 3 green chili
- tablespoon ghee
- 100 gm potato
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 tablespoon garlic paste
- 3 tomato
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt as required
- coriander leaves, for garnishing
- 100ml fresh cream
Method to Prepare
- Take a large bowl and add chopped potatoes, paneer, coriander leaves, red chili powder, and salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan over medium flame.
- Give it a good mix and make lemon-sized balls out of this mixture. Keep them aside.
- Add rice flour to a large bowl and roll the potato balls in it.
- Once the oil is hot, fry those balls in it until they turn golden brown from all sides. Put the koftas on paper napkins to remove excess oils.
- Transfer them to a large bowl and keep them aside.
- Pour water into a medium-sized pan and bring it to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add chopped onions, cashews, and green chilies to it.
- Drain the water and transfer them to a grinder jar along with chopped tomatoes. Blend together to make a paste. Remove the tomato-onion paste into a bowl.
- Add ginger and garlic into the grinder jar and grind them to make the paste. Now, take the same pan we used to fry the koftas.
- Heat ghee in the pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the ginger-garlic paste along with the onion-tomato paste.
- Cook for a minute and then pour water with the homemade garam masala powder, fresh cream, and salt. Give it a good mix and cook.
- After 10 minutes, your gravy will be ready. Pour the gravy over the koftas.
- Garnish it with a drizzle of fresh cream and some coriander leaves.
- Serve it with naan and enjoy!
Must Check: Sarso ka Saag Recipe: Traditional North Indian Recipe You Must Try!
This rich, creamy, and delicious malai kofta recipe will present you with a dish that is not only lip-smacking to eat but also very easy to make! With just a few ingredients, you will be able to whip up one of the best North Indian Vegetarian recipes at home. So, try it and enjoy this flavorous dish with your friends and family.