If you love macaroni and if you are a big cheese fanatic then this recipe will surely catch your attention. A unique way to make your clichéd mac n’ cheese by making puffs. A different and tasty recipe full of flavors and cheese is just what you are looking for!
This recipe is quite easy and you can prepare it in no time with very little preparation needed and can be cooked in less than 20 minutes. These cheese puffs are loved by every food-lover and you are surely
going to eat mac n’ cheese in a new and delicious way!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Servings: up to 30 puffs
● 125g of butter
● ½ cup of water
● ½ cup of milk
● 1 cup of plain flour
● 4 eggs
● 100g of tasty cheese, grated
For Mac n’ Cheese:
● 1 cup of macaroni
● 80g of bacon, finely diced
● 1 teaspoon of olive oil
● 40g of butter
● 2 tablespoons of plain flour
● 2 cups of milk
● 150g tasty cheese, grated
Method to Prepare:
- First of all, let’s make Mac n’ Cheese.
- Cook macaroni in a pot of salty water that is boiling, for 8 to 10 minutes. In the meantime, fry bacon in oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take a saucepan and melt butter in it and whisk the flour in it and cook it for 2 minutes while stirring and then add in milk in it.
- Bring it to boil and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce is thick and smooth and remove it from the heat and add cheese into it.
- Now, drain macaroni and add it into the mixture with bacon and stir well. Stir well to combine them and set it aside.
- Preheat your oven on 190C and line two baking tray with butter paper on it.
- Take another saucepan and add butter, water, and milk in it and bring to boil and add flour, mixing it with a wooden spoon until smooth and well combined, for about 3 minutes.
- Place it in a bowl of a stand mixer and let it cool slightly. With beater on medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely between each addition of egg.
- Continue mixing until it is soft and creamy.
- Add your cooled mac n’ cheese in it and forget about calories and add some extra cheese into it. Stir well until fully combined.
- Now, make small balls from the mixture and place them on the baking trays and bake them for 20 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Serve immediately to enjoy its flavor!
Must Read – Easy Steps to Make Italian Pizza At Home
If you are looking for a party starter then these mac n’ cheese puffs are your savior as it has a savory taste due to cheese and will give your guests a tasty and delicious dish at the beginning of the party and make your party a much needed wonderful start!