Nothing is better than having a delicious lobster roll on a bright summer day! This effortless recipe will let the lobster shine with big chunks of sweetmeat, a dash of mayo, and a little drizzle of lime juice. Keep the things simple and serve it only with chips to enjoy this recipe.
Talking about the history of this recipe, many food historians believe that there is none to be accredited with “Inventing” the lobster roll. However, most people believe that it was invented in 1927 at Perry’s Restaurant in Milford, Connecticut. The lobster sandwich was listed on the menu that year when the owner of the restaurant Harry Perry whipped one lobster roll for a customer.
This is how the recipe stuck and we are still enjoying it. So, let’s see how you can make this recipe.
Delicious Homemade Lobster Roll!
You can never go wrong with fresh seafood, be it the shrimp sandwich recipe, Frutti di mare, or the super delicious seafood gumbo recipe. Similarly, this lobster roll is the absolute way to showcase this tender, delicious seafood variety.
The lobster roll is not actually a roll but it is a sandwich, which is served in a hot dog bun with potato chips and crispy fries as sides. It is prepared by combining chopped lobsters, mayonnaise, celery, lettuce, lime juice, and other spices.
Add as many veggies as you like to make this roll very nourishing. So, let’s see how you can make this tummy-filling and nourishing snack that you can enjoy with your favorite drink!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6 serves
For the filling:
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
For the buns:
- 4 to 6 hot dog buns
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- Crispy fries, for serving
- Potato chips, for serving
Method to Prepare
- Add lobster meat, lime juice, salt, pepper, celery, and mayonnaise to a bowl. Stir and combine everything together.
- Taste the lobsters and add spices and juices as per your liking.
- Heat butter on a skillet. Slit open the hot dog buns and spread butter on the outsides of the bun.
- Keep the flame medium-high and toast the buns for about half a minute on each side, until golden brown.
- Fill each bun with the lobster salad. Serve it with potato chips and crispy fries.
- Serve it warm and enjoy!
Easy to prepare and delicious to eat – lobster roll is one of the best munching recipes that you can whip up in just 10 minutes. Plus, it contains all the veggies to keep it healthy. So, when you want to cook something quick yet filling, try this lobster roll recipe!