Do you want to make street-style dabeli at your home? Fret not, our foolproof and easy Kutchi Dabeli recipe will help you replicate the same dabeli right at your home. it is delicious, and your family will just drool over its well-seasoned taste.
The term “Dabeli” in Gujarati translates to pressed in which the potato mixture is stuffed in the pav. Then, the pav is sauteed in butter or oil until crisp. It is a very famous street snack and is adored by Gujaratis.
This recipe looks very similar to the Maharashtrian Vada Pav but has a unique combination of taste, flavors, and texture. Plus, it is a tummy-filling recipe and can be made very quickly.
How to Make Kutchi Dabeli at Home?
Basically, dabeli is a spicy, sweet, and tangy potato filling inside a bun drizzled with spicy chutney, pomegranates, onions, and crunchy sev. Generally, it is consumed as an evening snack with tamarind chutney. However, you can also serve it for brunch.
This dabeli recipe is a walk in the park if you have everything ready. Or you will just need to spend a few minutes preparing the dabeli masala and the chutneys. We have used the readily available Dabeli Masala, so everyone can enjoy cooking this delicacy.
So, let’s see how you can also make Kutchi Dabeli at home easily!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 dabeli
For the Filling
- 4 tbs Dabeli Masala
- Oil, as required
- 200gms Potatoes
- 1 small bowl of coriander leaves
- 1 small bowl Masala sing
- 12 Dabeli Bun
- 1 small bowl masala sing
- 1 medium bowl tamarind-date chutney
- Chopped onions
- Nylon Sev
- Coriander Leaves
Method to Prepare
- Take a medium-sized pan.
- Add dabeli masala to it.
- Pour oil into it.
- Saute it for a few minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes to the sauteed dabeli masala.
- Give it a good mix to coat the potatoes well with the masala.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, pomegranate, and masala sing over the masala.
- Now, cut a bun.
- Spread tamarind-date chutney on both sides of the bun.
- Add a generous amount of dabeli masala inside the bun.
- Here, you can also add sev and chopped onion.
- Then, heat a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add butter to it.
- Put the dabeli on the heated pan.
- Sautee it until crispy and golden on both sides.
- Transfer it to a serving plate.
- Garnish it with pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
- Serve it and enjoy!
Must Check: Egg Fry Recipe: Yummy and Effortless Dish!
- Kutchi Dabeli tastes best when served with tangy tamarind-date chutney. You can also add garlic chutney with it to spice up the recipe.
- This dabeli recipe can be perfect for kitty parties as they’re easy to prepare and very tummy-filling. Plus, its amazing flavors will make everyone praise your culinary skills at the party.
So, when you are in limbo on what to make for your next party or want to tickle your taste buds with something magnificent then you can try this Kutchi Dabeli Recipe!