You will find lots of key lime pie recipes on the internet but our lime pie recipe is just phenomenal! Our recipe is very simple to make and can be made in just half an hour. Plus, you need not have to go to the supermarket to buy the ingredients. Use your everyday ingredients and you will be able to make a delectable recipe that will become your family’s favorite dessert!
This American dessert consists of graham cracker crust, a tangy and yellow custard, and a topping of either whipped cream or meringue. According to food historians, the sweet and tart pie originated in Key West, Florida in the late 19th century. From there on, this recipe graced our homes. So, let’s see how you can make it at home.
Effortless and Delicious Recipe for Key Lime Pie!
Made with your everyday ingredients, such as “lime”, this key lime pie will taste every bit as authentic as it looks beautiful. Plus, it is easier to make. So, if you want to whip up a dessert quickly but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen then you can always try this recipe.
This delicious key lime pie recipe, once tasted, will undoubtedly become your all-time favorite dessert recipe! The pie is prepared with 3 layers of graham crackers, milk-lime batter, and finally topped with heavy whipped cream.
This dessert will guarantee to win every heart and soul in one go. So, go ahead and treat your loved ones with this delectable key lime pie. It will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but will also refresh their mood and senses with its scrumptious flavors.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 serves
- 200 gm condensed milk
- 3 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg yolk
Method to Prepare
- Start the preparation by preheating the oven to 170C. Meanwhile, add graham cracker crust, melted butter, and sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture to a pie dish and give it an even layer. Use a measuring cup to smooth the surface.
- Slide the pie dish into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, take it out, and let it cool.
- Next, add an egg yolk to another bowl and beat it with a hand blender until it becomes light in color and thick.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest along with condensed milk into the egg mixture and whisk it again.
- Once the mixture is smooth, pour in the lime juice.
- Your batter is ready. Pour it over the graham crust and slide it into the oven for an 8 to 10 minutes baking session.
- Once done, take the pie dish out and let it chill in the fridge overnight. The next step is to prepare the uppermost layer of the pie.
- To prepare that, add chilled heavy whipped cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in the same bowl. Whisk it with a hand blender.
- Take out your pie, place the cream over the pie, and sprinkle lime zest over it.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Must Check: Perfect Apple Pie Recipe!
Just follow these simple steps and make one of the most delectable key lime pie ever! It is the perfect recipe for you if you feel bored eating sweet desserts. The tanginess of lime will perfectly balance out the sweetness and present you with a tangy-licious dessert. So, go ahead and give this tasty dessert a shot!