This keto upma is made with cauliflower rice and a few veggies to help you start your day with a healthy keto breakfast recipe. This low-carb upma is made using riced cauliflower, and it can be beneficial to diabetic people looking to lower the carbs compared to regular Rava upma.
This keto upma recipe is 40% lower in carbs, 25% lower in calories, and has loads of nutrients than the standard Rava upma version.
Easy and Appetizing Keto Upma Recipe
We all know that cauliflower is a low-carb veggie, and it can be your go-to ingredient for various keto diet recipes. Hence, if you miss the Rava upma, give it a twist of this low-carb ingredient and make a healthy and keto version of upma.
This keto upma recipe is a delicious, low-carb, gluten-free, and vegetarian breakfast delicacy that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
If you are sick of eating eggs for breakfast, let’s change your breakfast menu a little bit. This popular vegetarian South Indian breakfast is made with cauliflower, as we’re making a keto version of it. Don’t worry at all, as this Keto upma is as tasteful as its original version.
So, let’s see how you can make this healthy and flavorful keto upma recipe at home.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- Two medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cups mixed vegetables of your choice
- Two tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- Two teaspoon mustard seeds
- Four green chilies
- Two stalk curry leaves
- Two teaspoons ginger minced
- a pinch of asafetida (hing)
- Two tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- One cup of cilantro (coriander leaves) for garnish
- Two tablespoons grated coconut
Method to Prepare
- First, separate cauliflower into florets. Now, wash them thoroughly.
- Grate the florets with the help of a grater to mimic fine rice or semolina.
- Now, take a pan and heat one tablespoon of coconut oil, and add mustard.
- Once mustard splutters, add curry leaves, ginger, green chili, and hing. Saute for another minute.
- Then, add the chopped onions and cook till they are golden and tender.
- Now, add in your fav veggies and cook it for around 5 minutes.
- Now add cauliflower rice, salt, mix well, cover with a lid, and cook on medium-low flame for 5 minutes. Stir in between and turn off the flame.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, remove the pan from the flame and garnish it with coriander, a drizzle of lime juice, and grated coconut.
- Serve it hot and enjoy!
If you are passionate about following the keto diet and want to make your breakfast exciting and tasteful, then you should try this keto upma. It is tasty and easy to cook. So, try it and make your keto diet delicious!