When you read poha – a distinctive and delicious taste will automatically burst in your mouth! However, being on a keto diet will prevent you from eating poha as they are made of rice grains. Fret not! We have you covered. Now, you can enjoy poha even during keto!
This keto poha is made from grated cauliflower rice, an incredible, low-carb, gluten-free Indian vegetarian keto breakfast delicacy that can be cooked in under 20 minutes!
Delectable Keto Poha Recipe for Tummy-filling Breakfast!
Poha is one of the most delectable and nutritious meals that can be a perfect breakfast recipe. However, following the keto diet will take you away from this staple Indian breakfast recipe. The reason is that you are not allowed to eat the main ingredient of this dish – flattened rice (poha) while following this diet.
So, all the poha lovers, we have a twist recipe for you! How about making poha with grated cauliflower? This keto poha recipe consists of chopped cauliflower and cabbage, which will nearly replicate the texture of poha and pack a healthy punch.
Made in desi ghee or butter – this poha is one of the most delicious yet nutritious keto recipes at the same time! This recipe is simple, quick, and tastes yum! Additionally, if you are in a hurry in the morning, this quick keto recipe will save your time and help you enjoy a nourishing breakfast!
So, let’s see how you can make this delicious and healthy Keto Poha to kick-start your day with healthiness!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 4 cups cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- Four tablespoon peanuts
- 1 cup cauliflower stocks
- Four tablespoons ghee or butter
- Two teaspoon mustard seeds
- Four green chilies finely chopped
- Two sprig curry leaves
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- Two medium onions finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Four tablespoons coriander leaves for garnish
- Two teaspoons lime juice
Method to Prepare
- Take a large frying pan and heat about two tablespoons of ghee in it. (You can use one tablespoon of butter as a substitute.)
- Now, add peanuts to it and roast them till they are brown. Set them aside.
- Now, add mustard seeds to the same frying pan and heat them until they crackle.
- Once they crackle, throw in the chopped green chili and curry leaves. Saute them for a few seconds.
- Now, add onions and cook until they are tender.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and cabbage.
- Now, add turmeric powder and season the poha with salt.
- Pour one tablespoon of water, cover the pan with a lid and cook them on a medium flame for around 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat once the cauliflower is cooked.
- Garnish it with roasted peanuts, coriander leaves, and drizzle some lime juice,
- Serve hot and enjoy this keto poha recipe!
Easy to prepare and delicious to eat – you can make this keto poha recipe in less than 20 minutes. Add some roasted peanuts to give this poha the much-needed crunchiness. Try this recipe and enjoy a quickfire, healthy keto poha while keeping your keto journey on track!