It is that time of the year to get our tongues purple by eating loads and loads of jamuns! After waiting for almost the whole year, the monsoon brings the zestful and delicious Jamun. You will find packaged Jamun juice the entire year. However, you will see a glimpse of heaven when you take a sip of freshly at-home blended Jamun juice!
Also known as black plum or java plum, Jamun has numerous health benefits. It will keep the skin clear and free from acne due to its astringent property.
It also possesses anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Jamun also regulates blood sugar levels, aids in treating cardiovascular diseases, improves digestion, prevents the formation of cancer cells, and improves your eyesight.
Due to so many benefits, when in season, try to eat as much Jamun as you can. Additionally, you can also make this delicious Jamun juice to boost your health.
- Prep Time:- 5 minutes
- Cooking time:- 2
- Servings: 4 serves
- Two cups of Jamun, deseeded and chopped
- Three cups of chilled water
- Mint leaves
- Large pinch of black salt
- Jaggery powder or sugar, for taste
Method to Prepare:-
- Get the blender ready and throw deseeded and chopped jamuns in there.
- Now, add water, mint leaves, and sprinkle a pinch of black salt.
- Pulse the blender and blend it for few minutes.
- Taste the juice. If it is not sweet enough, then add some jaggery powder or sugar.
- Blend it again for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Now, strain the juice with the help of a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Pour the prepared juice into a glass and top it off with mint leaves.
- Sprinkle some more black pepper and enjoy the taste!
Read More: Pineapple Juice Recipe
- You can also use honey as a sweetener.
- Not using a filter will give you a pulpy and delicious Jamun juice, which as impressive as the strained one.
- Don’t go overboard with sweeteners, as Jamun juice needs to be a little sour or astringent.
Read More: POMEGRANATE JUICE RECIPE
Consuming Jamun juice every day will be very significant for your overall well-being. Make this juice an essential part of your daily diet to enjoy all its benefits. Jamun juice is the easiest way to infuse your body with its proteins, antioxidants, and fiber. Hence, make this fantastic juice and enjoy the tangy and savory Jamun juice.