Are you wondering what to do with the leftover rice? Here, we have a wonderful Italian Rice Balls Recipe that is prepared with rice and cheese and served with marinara sauce. It’s so delicious and cheesy, every person to whom you will serve this will definitely praise your cooking skills.
This Italian Rice Balls Recipe is, also known as arancini, is a great idea to serve as a side dish with the Italian dinner. If you are planning to prepare pasta at this dinner, you can think of preparing Italian rice balls stuffed with mozzarella cheese. Really a great recipe to be enjoyed by kids as well!
You can surprise your family with these baseball-sized rice balls, coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried to add the crispy taste to them. Moreover, how about serving it with a small bowl of bright red marinara sauce? It would be a great treat for them, adults, and your kids. A great way to enjoy crunchy, creamy, and cheesy balls!
Delicious Italian Rice Balls Recipe
Looking for pure appetizer perfection? Yes, you have got the one i.e. super delicious and filled with mozzarella traditional Italian Rice Balls Recipe .
- Prep time: 45 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 24 balls
- 2 eggs
- Half cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil or you can take 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- One-fourth teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Half teaspoon of salt or as per the taste
- Two and one-fourth cups of chicken broth or water
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice
- One and a half cups of dried breadcrumbs
- 2 cups of olive oil or vegetable oil for deep frying
- Half cup of mozzarella cheese
Method to Prepare:
- Take a bowl and add 2 eggs, grated parmesan cheese, dried basil or dried parsley, salt and black pepper, whisk all ingredients well and cover the bowl with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Now, take a large saucepan and add chicken broth or water (whatever you are using) and a half teaspoon of salt into it. Bring it to a boil and then add the uncooked rice in it. Cook the rice over low heat until the broth or water is completely absorbed, or for about 15-16 minutes.
- Once it is cooked entirely, remove the saucepan from the heat and after this, add the egg mixture into the rice and stir everything continuously until the eggs are mixed completely into the rice. But, make sure not to scramble the eggs. Then, store the rice in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for one hour.
- Take a shallow dish and pour breadcrumbs in it.
- Now, wet your hands with water and you have to make balls for around 1-inch by taking the rice and egg mixture.
- After making all the rice balls, damp them into breadcrumbs one by one and keep them aside.
- Now, it’s time to fry the rice balls, so take a deep medium-sized skillet and pour enough oil in it so that rice balls can be fried properly in it. So, heat the oil to a temperature at which you can deep fry the rice balls.
- Now, put 4-6 balls at a time and keep them on turning until they turn brown.
- Then, drain these fried Italian rice balls on paper towels and serve them hot with marinara sauce or any sauce of your choice.
If you want to make these Italian rice balls cheesier, you can add a small cube of mozzarella cheese in the center of each rice ball and roll them perfectly.
Nutritional Value (Per Serving):
- Calories: 276cal
- Fat: 23.2g
- Cholesterol: 20.1mg
- Carbohydrate: 13.9g
- Protein: 3.5g
These Italian rice balls recipe loaded with cheese is a perfect party treat to surprise your guests with something unique using the great combination of rice and cheese. These crispy rice balls can be your best appetizer so far and can become an all-time favorite party dish of your guests.
What about hosting a party with Italian dinner and serving Italian rice balls as the side dish? Really a great idea to be accomplished!