If you are a massive fan of Mexican food, you may be looking for something quick and delicious as a side dish to compliment your dinner. Well, look no further than this Mexican instant pot brown rice recipe! Brimming with aromatic condiments and zesty bites of tomatoes – this healthy instant pot recipe is the perfect partner to tacos, enchiladas, refried beans, and more!
Minimal efforts and maximum health benefits – this Mexican instant pot brown rice recipe will provide you with a full-flavored and hands-off food that can be whipped up with almost no effort in the Instant Pot.
This delicious recipe is thoroughly cooked using the instant pot and requires zero preparations! This Mexican brown rice is perfect for a lazy weekday dinner when made using an instant pot!
Quickly prepare this Mexican instant pot brown rice recipe and infuse tons of flavors into a bowl of bland brown rice. Here is how you can make this amazingly flavorful recipe:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 serves
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice 200 grams,
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- One jalapeño seeded & chopped
- One small red onion finely chopped
- Two garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup water 8 oz
- 1 cup crushed canned tomatoes
- Two tablespoons cilantro minced
- lime juice optional
Method to Prepare:
- First, rinse and drain the rice with the help of a colander.
- Now, start your instant pot and press the saute button. Once it indicates the hot sign, add oil to it.
- After that, add the rinsed rice and cook it for around 7 minutes until they get a little toasty.
- Now, add the bell pepper, jalapeno, onion, garlic, chipotle chili powder, and saute them for a minute.
- Then add cumin, salt, and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Now, add the water inside the instant pot and stir to deglaze it. Make sure that anything is not sticking to the bottom.
- After adding the water, add crushed tomatoes. Keep in mind that you do not give it a stir!
- Close the lid and press the manual button and cook it on high pressure for around 5 minutes.
- Make sure the pressure valve is sealed.
- After 2 minutes, the pressure will release naturally.
- After the pressure is out, open the pot and carefully stir tomatoes with the rice using a spoon.
- Cover the lid once again and keep it as it is for another 3 minutes.
- Now, uncover the rice and sprinkle some cilantro and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Squeeze some fresh lime to add a tangy flavor.
- Serve this Mexican Instant pot brown rice recipe as a side dish and compliment your main Mexican dishes.
- It is recommended to wash the rice before cooking them. Rinse the rice and then drain the extra water with the help of a colander.
- This Mexican instant pot brown rice recipe is a little spicy because of the chipotle chili powder. Adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
- If you want to add some tanginess to your brown rice, you can serve it with lemon wedges.
Read More:- Delicious Brown Rice Recipes for Healthy Dinner
This Mexican-inspired instant pot brown rice recipe is one of the easiest recipes you will ever come across! Full of flavors and brimming with various health benefits – this instant pot recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. Try this recipe and make a delicious and flavorful dinner for your family on weekdays!