Do you always have to visit the store to buy a pizza base? Are your kids demanding pizza for dinner but you can’t go to the store for a pizza base? Nothing to worry about at all! What if you will get a chance to learn to make a pizza dough recipe at your home with just a few ingredients? Of course, you will love to have this.
What will you do when it is not possible to buy a pizza base from the store? This pizza dough recipe will work as a great companion to prepare the best pizza for your family. With just a few ingredients and an easy to available flour, you can make this pizza crust within less than 45 minutes.
If you are looking for making a homemade pizza from scratch (no in-store pizza crust), this recipe will definitely be going to the best homemade pizza crust recipe for you. Just follow step-by-step instructions carefully to get a perfect crust. A little concentration is required while kneading the dough, that’s all!
Let’s start making your own pizza crust.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Two or two and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 packet of instant yeast, nearly 2 teaspoons
- One and a half teaspoons of sugar
- Three-fourth teaspoon of salt
- 2-3 pinches of garlic powder
- 2 pinches of dried basil leaves (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Three-fourth cups of warm water
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large bowl and add one cup of all-purpose flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in it. You can also add garlic powder and dried basil leaves at this step. Now mix all these ingredients well.
- Now, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a little warm water. Stir the ingredients in a bowl using a wooden spatula or spoon.
- After this, slowly add another one cup of all-purpose flour and you can add more flour as per it is required. You have to stir it continuously until the dough is formed as an elastic ball and it starts pulling away from the sides of the bowl. If your dough is a little sticky, but you can easily manage with your hands, it means your dough is ready now.
- Take another bowl and sprinkle some oil on the base of it and spread the oil all over the base or sides of the bowl using a brush.
- Now, take slight flour on your hands and start making pizza dough into a round ball using your hands. Once it is done, transfer it to the bowl which you have greased with olive oil. Then, cover the bowl properly with a plastic wrap and keep the bowl in a warm place.
- Let the dough sit for 30 minutes, it will rise to almost double to its size. Here, if you want to bake a pizza, it is advised to preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. It is so because your oven reaches the desired temperature once you are ready with the toppings on your pizza dough.
- Let’s move to the dough again, now start deflating the dough with your hands. After this, sprinkle some flour on the flat surface and transfer your dough over it and start kneading it until it is smooth or about 4-5 minutes.
- You have to make a circle of dough of around 12” either with the help of your hands or you can also use a rolling pin if not comfortable with hands.
- The next step is to transfer this smooth and soft dough to a parchment paper that is lined on the pizza pan. Make sure to fold the edges of the rolled dough to form a pizza crust.
- Now, drizzle some olive oil on the top of the pizza dough and spread it all over including the crust using a brush.
- Make holes all around the center of the pizza to prevent the dough from being bubbled up when you will cook it in the oven.
- Now, it’s time to add your favorite toppings and bake the pizza in the oven for around 14-15 minutes.
- Slice the pizza and serve it hot.
- If you want to give some crispier taste to the pizza crust, you can use bread flour for it.
- Make sure to use the warm water for kneading dough, it should not be too hot.
Nutritional Value (per serving):
- Calories – 113kcal
- Carbohydrates – 19g
- Fat – 1g
- Fiber – 1g
- Protein – 3g
- Calcium – 4mg
This pizza dough recipe is quite simple and approachable. Simply collect the required ingredients, where all are easily available in your kitchen, and start making homemade pizza with the home-cooked pizza crust. Let’s get your own pizza. Keep in mind you are going to gather praises for your pizza-making skills.