There you have it! This sweet and savoury delight will not only tantalise your taste buds but also save a lot of your time when preparing for a party. Making this palatable honey chilli potato is so easy that you will try them every day.
This honey chilli potato recipe is an Indo-Chinese style dish where fried potatoes are glazed with a sweet and spicy sauce.
A simply irresistible dish, these honey chilli potatoes are a big hit with kids and adults alike due to their crunchiness and blending flavors.
How to Make Honey Chilli Potato Easily?
For a country like India, where people crave quality, delicious vegetarian food, crispy honey chilli potatoes will always be in demand. Reason?
First, we Indians adore potatoes. Second, it is effortless to make. Third, the Indo-Chinese style sauce will provide these potatoes with flavors that will dance on your tongue! To get the honey chilli potatoes right, you will need a few prerequisites.
Fret not; we will teach you how to get the best crispy, crunchy, and perfectly cooked potato fingers along with the golden honey glaze and a perfect balance of flavors with this recipe and provide you with a delicacy that you can’t afford to miss.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 serves
For potato wedges:
- 2 potato (wedges)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp pepper (crushed)
- Oil for deep frying
For honey chilli potato:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1-inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 green chilli (slit)
- 4 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
- ¼ onions (petals)
- ½ capsicum (cubed)
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame / til (roasted)
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, pour water into a deep pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add potato wedges to it.
- Add some salt.
- Boil for two minutes.
- Take them out in a bowl and drain the water.
- Now, heat the oil in a pan.
- Meanwhile, add corn flour to the boiled potato wedges.
- Sprinkle crushed black pepper all over them.
- Coat well.
- Fry these coated potato wedges in hot oil.
- Stir occasionally.
- Fry these potatoes over medium flame until golden and crispy.
- Remove them on paper napkins to soak excess oil.
- Keep them aside.
- Now, take a large kadhai and heat 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger.
- Add two green chillis and spring onion.
- Sautee everything.
- Then, add onion petals and capsicum.
- Saute them over high flame.
- Add chilli sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and salt to taste.
- Saute everything on high flame for about 30 seconds.
- Take a small bowl.
- Mix water and 1 tbsp of corn flour thoroughly.
- Pour this slurry into the pan and stir continuously till it turns translucent.
- Turn off the gas and add 2 tbsp of honey.
- Give it a good mix.
- Now, add fried potatoes to the pan.
- Mix gently as you don’t want to break or mash the potatoes.
- Lastly, add 2 tbsp of spring onions.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- Serve it warm, and enjoy!