When you are looking for a simple cheese sandwich recipe, there’s this delicious, effortless, GREAT grilled cheese sandwich recipe! With this recipe, learn how to make the best grilled cheese with a crispy, buttery exterior and gooey cheesy center. Enjoy this combination of various cheeses and the process of buttering and cooking the toast and you will know that you are making something amazingly delicious!
While similar recipes are mentioned in the ancient Roman texts – French people have been making their infamous Croque monsieurs since the early 1900s. This 21st-century version of grilled cheese is commonly traced back to the 1920s, when Otto Frederick Rohwedder, also known as “the father of sliced bread,” invented the bread sliced that reduced the hardship to distribute white slices of bread and that led to this delicious recipe.
Effortless and Delicious Grilled Cheese Recipe!
When it comes to the grilled cheese sandwich, it is all about the crust! You need to choose a loaf of bread that is hearty and then you will need to butter it up, and spread your favorite cheddar on top of it to make one of the best grilled cheese ever! With this recipe, you will have a crispy-crunchy crust and melty, gooey, cheddar in the middle with one of the world’s most impressive cheese pulls.
No matter the hour or your age, you will simply can’t say no to this amazingly delicious grilled cheese! Simply, this grilled cheese is the zenith of crave-worthiness. This recipe will not challenge and reinvent the classic. This rendition of the recipe will only guide you to the best-ever version of it.
Now, let’s see which cheese you can use for this recipe. Well, there is no definite answer, you can choose any of your favorite cheeses from cheddar, mozzarella to even cheese slices! Here is the recipe on how you can prepare a filling as well as a tasty grilled cheese sandwich.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 28 minutes
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 8 thick sliced sandwich bread
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 slices of medium cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of Gouda cheese
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
Method to Prepare
- First, spread ½ teaspoon of butter on one side of slices of bread.
- Then, heat a skillet over medium-low flame and place 2 slices of bread in it with the butter side down.
- Now, stack cheeses on one piece of toast: cheddar, Havarti, then gouda.
- Cook the toast until one side of the slice is golden brown. Once it changes color, close the bread with the crisp sides on the outside.
- Now, continue cooking until the bread is rich golden. Flip it once and press down gradually to help the breadstick to the cheese. It will take 5 to 6 minutes only.
- Ensure that you keep the heat on medium-low and slowly roast the slices of bread. It will give your cheese a chance to fully melt and adhere to the bread.
- Once the cheese is melted and slices are browned, remove it to a plate and repeat the process.
- Cut the sandwich in half diagonally, serve it hot, and enjoy!
Must Check: Strawberry Banana Milkshake: Delicious Summer-special Recipe!
This delicious and easy-to-cook grill cheese sandwich is loved by all. All you need are some slices of bread, butter, and your favorite cheese! So, get up and make yourself the crispiest, buttery, and gooey grill cheese sandwich.