Gluten-free bagels are a rarity. However, this recipe will teach you how you can make gluten-free bagels at home from scratch. Add your favorite toppings and customize them as per your taste. You can also make them in a bunch and store them for a quick round of homemade bagels.
You will be astonished to know that the bagel’s history dates back to at least six centuries. They came to the East to Poland from Germany when Germans migrated during the 14th century.
Delicious Gluten-free Bagel Recipe You Must Try!
Finding a gluten-free bagel is as hard as finding a unicorn, as most of them are made with enriched flour. They contain all-purpose flour and wheat flour. These flours contain gluten and can be harmful to people with gluten allergies.
To make gluten-free bagels, you can either combine multiple flours or you can buy a gluten-free flour blend from grocery stores. All you need are just five simple ingredients to make this gluten-free bagel recipe!
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 bagels
- 1.5 cups of gluten-free flour blend
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1.13 tsp kosher salt
- Three egg whites divided
- 1.5 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
Method to Prepare
- First of all, preheat the oven at 400º F and place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Take a small bowl and combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Give it a good whisk and set aside.
- Then, take a separate bowl and whisk an egg until it is frothy. Then, gradually add yogurt and give it a good mix.
- Now, add this yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and give it a good mix.
- Form dough into a large ball and divide it into four sections with your hands.
- Roll each section into ropes and then close it by attaching the ends to create a bagel.
- Give these bagels a light brush up of egg white on top and sprinkle it with the topping of choice.
- Bake the bagels for around 20 minutes until you see lightly browned tops.
- Take them out of the oven and Enjoy!
Effortless and delicious – this gluten-free bagel recipe is one of the most scrumptious breakfast recipes. Hence, try this recipe now, wake up to a delightful bagel aroma, and kick start your day with delectable bagels!