The tradition of making decorated gingerbread cake house was started in Germany in the early 1800s and is believed to be popularised by a fairytale of Hansel and Gretel, which was published in 1812. Nowadays, Ginger cake house is a staple recipe during Christmas in many houses.
The line which made the ginger house cake famous was, “When they came nearer, they saw that the house was made of bread. The roof was made of cake, and the windows were made using transparent sugar.” Later, the bread was turned into gingerbread, and hence, the gingerbread cake got so famous.
Delicious and Effortless Gingerbread Cake House Recipe!
The making of gingerbread cake house has become a family event at every home during the festival period of Christmas. This gingerbread cake house is as tasty and scrumptious as it is festive and beautiful.
This cake house is full of seasonal spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. So, you will get all the flavors flowing in your home during this holiday season. However, you may be scared about how you can make a whole house using just flavored gingerbreads.
You can buy a mold and fill it with the cake batter. So, need not worry; we will show you how you can quickly make this delicious gingerbread cake house at your home.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours (including cooling time)
Servings: 10 serves
- Three ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Two teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Two teaspoons ground cinnamon
- One teaspoon ground cloves
- Two teaspoons ground ginger
- One teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- Two eggs
- ¾ cup unsalted butter – softened
- 1 ½ cups molasses
- 1 ½ cups hot brewed coffee
- Cream cheese frosting, sugared cranberries, confectioner’s sugar, and holiday cake for decorations
Method to Prepare
- First of all, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray the inside of the gingerbread cake pan with baking spray.
- Then, take a large bowl and add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg, and salt.
- Now, cream together sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat eggs one by one and then mix in the molasses.
- After mixing it, throw in half of the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and mix them.
- Now, add brewed coffee to it and add the remaining dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour the prepared mixture into the sprayed pan.
- Slide it into the oven and bake it for an hour.
- After an hour, take the cake out of the oven and let it cool onto a wire rack for around 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cake from the mold and let it cool completely.
- Once it is cool, level the bottom off with a serrated knife.
- Then, decorate with cream cheese frosting, sugared cranberries, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve it, and enjoy!
This eye-catching gingerbread cake house is the perfect recipe for a Christmas feast. It is easy to make and easier to finish. So, what are you waiting for? Get ready, make this delicious gingerbread cake during Christmas, and surprise your family and friends.