Do you love garlic bread but have not tried even once at home? This homemade garlic bread recipe would be the best answer for you. The garlic powder and mozzarella cheese are the key ingredients to get that perfect garlic bread for your whole family before anyone orders it from the store or restaurant.
Garlic bread is one of the most favorite side dishes to be served with a baked chicken recipe or at a pizza party.
No doubt, till now you might have ordered garlic bread from the store or restaurant. But, now when you know how quick, easy, and tasty you can make it at home, let’s try it once!
If you know that everyone in your family loves to have garlic bread with one or another recipe, so why not surprise them with flavorful homemade garlic bread that tastes much better from the store-bought bread. Making your own garlic bread at home is something that gives you great satisfaction and makes your whole kitchen smell so good.
This garlic bread recipe is very easy to make, so you can make it before serving or you can freeze it in the refrigerator to save those 10 minutes of preparing weeknights dinner. Gather these ingredients and start making this cheesy garlic bread recipe. It will be ready within just 15 minutes!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8 (1 loaf of garlic bread)
- Half cup of butter
- One and a half tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 1 loaf of Italian bread and cut it into half-inch slices
- 1 package of shredded mozzarella cheese
Method to Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a small saucepan and add butter in it. Melt the butter over medium heat and then add garlic powder and dried parsley in the melted butter. Mix all these ingredients well.
- Take Italian bread and place it on a baking sheet. Now, you have to grease all the slices of the bread with butter mixture using a basting brush.
- Place these slices of brushed Italian bread in the preheated oven and bake them for around 10-12 minutes or until you notice that they are lightly toasted.
- After this, remove them from heat and add some mozzarella cheese and the remaining butter mixture over all slices.
- Again, bake them in the oven for around 5-6 minutes until the cheese melts completely and the bread turns light brown.
- You can store the leftover garlic bread in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. For this, you just need to wrap them tightly in a foil and bake the wrapped bread at 350 degrees F for another 8-10 minutes.
- Moreover, you can also freeze the homemade garlic bread for around 1-2 months. For this, you have to wrap the bread in a foil and then again with plastic wrap. Let it thaw naturally and bake it at 300 degrees F in the oven until butter and cheese melt.
- No worries if you don’t have a loaf of Italian bread at home. You can make this garlic bread recipe with regular bread as well or you can also use hot dog or hamburger buns.
Nutritional Value (per serving):
Calories – 332.3kcal
Carbohydrates – 30.4g
Fat – 18g
Cholesterol – 48.4g
Protein – 12.2g
Calcium – 270.4mg
If you are looking for a light dinner, make this garlic bread with tomato soup or Italian salad. This garlic bread recipe is also a delicious side dish to be served with lasagna or pasta as well. Keep it simple and enjoy it with your favorite dish!