Breakfast is the most important meal of our day and it is said that you shouldn’t miss breakfast. Breakfasts tend to give us the energy to survive the whole day. Imagine having something sweet and nourishing for breakfast. Imagine how knowing a simple French toast recipe can make your breakfast menu delicious!
Well, stop just imagining as it will become a reality as we are here for you with the French toast recipe you always wanted to learn! It is one of the easiest recipes you can make for breakfast. All you need is three ingredients and Boom! You have a plateful of an amazing and sweet morning meal.
Succulent French Toast Recipe!
Made of sliced bread soaked in egg and milk, then this French toast is pan-fried to give it a crispy texture. It is a dish that has fanatics all over the world and it has many names like “eggy bread”, “Bombay toast”, “German toast”, “Gypsy toast”, and “Poor knights”.
If you want to serve it as a sweet dish, then add sugar, vanilla, or cinnamon before pan-frying. You can even top it up with powdered sugar, butter, fruit, or maple syrup. If you want to go down the savory lane then you can fry it with a pinch of salt and pepper and serve it up using ketchup and mayonnaise.
A recipe that is around from the 4th century, French toast has won hearts all over the world. Now, it is time to make this amazing recipe in your kitchen! Get your apron and kitchen tools ready to make one of the best breakfast recipes in no time.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 8 slices of sandwich bread
Method to Prepare:
- With these 4 steps, you will be able to let the magic French toast run wild in your house.
- First of all, get a shallow dish and add eggs, milk, sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk them thoroughly.
- Get a slice of bread and dip it into the whisked mixture. Now, place one side in the bowl and then quickly flip over.
- This will help the bread to absorb more liquid. Ensure that it doesn’t soak too much liquid or it will become soggy.
- Cover both sides of the bread thoroughly. When it is done, heat butter in a skillet on a medium flame. Cook it for only 2 or 3 minutes.
- Serve them instantly as they can become soggy and soft very quickly.
- Place them on a serving plate and add butter and syrup of your choice on top of these toasts.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Choose the right bread as it is necessary that your chosen bread soaks the perfect amount of liquid for a creamy texture inside and a crunchy texture on the outside.
- Make sure you soak enough liquid otherwise you will not get the desired texture. It will require some firm yet gentle pressure.
- Don’t forget to preheat the pan. If your pan is not enough, then the batter won’t have time to seep and it will start to spread on the pan.
This French toast recipe is one of the most loved breakfast dishes and your kids and family will be in awe of this sweet morning meal. Add this amazing breakfast recipe to your menu and give your family a pleasant surprise in the morning!