If you are looking for a grab and go breakfast on a busy Monday morning then egg muffins are the best and perfect option for you. This dish is not only healthy and tummy-filling but you can make this dish in super quick time, without any hassle that too in less than 30 minutes.
Not only for you, but kids are gonna love these little savory flavored muffins as they are attractive to look and very delicious to eat. You can even store them easily and next time you want to eat one; just grab it out of the storage and heat and enjoy its amazing taste!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Servings: 12 serves
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 cup of chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- ¾ cup white shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup of chopped green onions
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Salsa or hot sauce, for serving
Method to Prepare:
- Grease a muffin tin generously with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Now, take a large bowl and crack eggs and whisk until they are well combined.
- Pour milk in it and add tomatoes, spinach, green onions, cheese, and garlic powder and smoothly stir it with a spatula.
- Season the mixture with salt and black pepper as per your taste.
- Now, take this egg mixture and transfer it evenly into the smeared muffin cups.
- Forget about the calories and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese on top of the egg muffins.
- Bake these muffins for about 20 to 25 minutes until the eggs are done and then remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- With the help of a knife, lose the muffins from the pan.
- Serve it immediately, sizzling and warm with your favorite salsa or hot sauce and enjoy them!
- If you want to make it healthy then use kale or arugula instead of spinach as it tends to make them taste bitter sometimes and it may ruin your egg muffins.
- Here, white cheddar cheese is used but if you love mozzarella or want to go healthy with goat’s cheese then you can use them.
- You can even add sausage or bacon in this egg mixture to make your muffins more tasty and appealing to kids.
- Want to add some nutrients in it? Add some bell peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms as they will add taste and nutrients to your egg muffins.
- If you love your food spicy then you can also add a few drops of hot sauce into the egg mixture and make one hell of spicy and tasty muffins.
If you are looking for a fast and easy-to-make breakfast for your hectic weekdays morning then these muffins are great for you. They are easy-to-make, tasty-to-eat, and are very healthy in terms of nutrients. Make these “EGGcellent” muffins and give yourself and your kids a tasty and nutritious breakfast!