There is not a single person who does not enjoy having a bowl full of fried rice. But what if you add eggs along with vegetables to have something comforting to your belly? You will definitely love to have this Egg fried rice!
What if you see a bowl of cooked rice in your refrigerator? Now, what will do with it? Simply try this quick recipe.
This Egg fried rice recipe is quite easier to make that you can cook every other week. Even your kids will love to have this delicious rice containing vegetables and eggs every week.
Moreover, you can modify this recipe with your favorite vegetables or what your kids love to eat. You can serve it with hot sauce or even salads to have a complete meal at lunch or dinner.
Not only you will find this dish comforting, but it will also save you a lot of time in the kitchen when you don’t have enough time to prepare dinner after a busy day. It would be quite easy to make if you already have cooked rice in the kitchen.
Also, once you get the experience of making this basic Egg fried rice; you can easily play with more ingredients of your choice. You can substitute rice with quinoa and other vegetables, you can add whatever suits your taste, and the choice is all yours.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 2 cups of diced vegetables (you can add bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, peas, etc.)
- Half cup of sliced scallions
- Salt as per the taste
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Black pepper as per the taste
- 2 pinches of white pepper (it is optional)
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
Method to Prepare:
- Take a small bowl and crack eggs into it. Beat them well.
- Take a skillet and heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable or olive oil on medium heat. Once it gets hot, add the eggs and scramble them using a spatula for around one minute. Once they are done, transfer the scrambled eggs to another dish.
- Take another 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and heat it on high heat. Now, add onion and sauté them for 1-2 minutes while stirring them continuously.
- After this, add 2 cups of mixed vegetables and sliced scallions. Cook them for around 2-3 minutes. Add salt and black pepper as per the taste.
- Next, you have to add the cooked rice into the skillet and mix them properly with vegetables. Make sure that there would be no lumps of rice and if you find any lumps, break them with a spatula.
- Now, add soy sauce, 2 pinches of white pepper (if you are using it), and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Stir everything together.
- In the last, you have to add the scrambled eggs and mix them well. Serve it warm with hot sauce or any dish you want.
- You can use any onion for this recipe, such as white, yellow, sweet or red. No worries if you do not have onions in your kitchen, you can use shallots instead of onions.
- You have the choice to use whatever vegetables you have in your refrigerator. Also, the amount of vegetables you want to use completely depends on you. Still, 2 cups of mixed vegetables is enough if you are using 4 cups of cooked rice.
- It would be good to use the rice cooked a day before as they make perfect fried rice.
- You can add more flavor to this recipe by mixing it with 1 tablespoon of store-bought hoisin sauce.
Nutritional Value (Per serving):
- Calories: 425cal
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
- Carbohydrates: 55.6g
- Protein: 13.43g
- Fiber: 4g
Prepare this Egg fried rice with these easy steps and your dinner will be ready to serve within a few minutes. This recipe is packed with veggies, protein, and carbs. Want to make a full meal for your guests? Serve this rice with a Chicken or Beans recipe. You must give it a try!