Lassi is an Indian traditional yogurt-based drink that is loved all over the country due to its creaminess and deliciousness! It is a perfect combination of yogurt, dry fruits, and sometimes tropical fruits. Add various ingredients, flavors, and fruits to relish this amazingly versatile recipe as you like!
It is one of India’s first smoothies ever created, a truly ancient beverage! According to various pieces of evidence, it is believed to originate somewhere around 1000 BC in Punjab, India. A simple mixture of yogurt and honey was known as “the food of the gods.” Was it the predecessor of the Lassi? Well, we can only guess this while enjoying this delicious glass of this homemade dry fruit lassi!
How to Make Dry Fruit Lassi Easily?
By far, one of the most favorite Indian beverage recipes – this lassi is made with yogurt, sugar, and rich dry fruits. You can make lassi with different types of desired flavors, which are basically infused on top of plain curd drink.
Generally, lassi is enjoyed after a spicy meal to cool down the aftereffect. However, you can also enjoy it as a refreshing summer drink beverage. This thirst quencher recipe is one of the best summer special recipes and can be made very easily at home. You can make various lassi recipes at home, such as Punjabi lassi, mango lassi, etc.
Gather fresh and thick curd, dry fruits like cashews, almonds, pistachios, and figs and whip up this delicious and toothsome lassi at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Servings: 2 glasses
- 2 cups Thick Curd, chilled
- 12 Almonds
- 12 Pistachios
- 10 Whole Cashews
- 4 Dried Figs/Anjeer
- Four teaspoon Sugar
- Slivered Almonds & Pistachios as needed to garnish
Method to Prepare
- Add 2 cups fresh curd, 12 almonds, 12 pistachios, 4 dry figs, and 10 whole cashews to a blender jar.
- If you are using homemade curd, remove any whey (water that usually separates from the curds) and add only the thick creamy portions.
- Next, add four teaspoons of sugar. Blend everything at high speed for 20 to 30 seconds until the curd is smooth and creamy.
- Pour your prepared lassi into serving glasses. Sprinkled slivered almonds and pistachios on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This nicely blended heavy dry fruit lassi will even make you an afternoon meal! It is so filling that you actually won’t feel the necessity to eat something after that. So, try this dry fruit lassi and enjoy this thick and tummy-filling beverage with your friends and family.