Craving some crispy and delicious restaurant-style starter? Well, you can try these easy-peasy Dahi ke Sholay. This recipe perfectly combines tangy and sweet filling with a crunchy crust of the sholay.
Dahi ke Sholay or hung curd bread pockets are a delicious Indian vegetarian snack or starter recipe that has a smooth, creamy filling inside the crunchy, fried slices of bread.
This recipe is easy to make and can be prepared in just half an hour from scratch.
How to Make Dahi ke sholay?
Making this recipe is very easy if you prepare the hung curd in advance. For that, take a bowl and put a strainer over it.
Then, spread a muslin cloth over the filter and add 2 cups of chilled yogurt to it. Bring all the edges of the cloth together and squeeze the excess whey lightly.
Make a knot and hang it above the kitchen sink. Leave it for 30 to 45 minutes and place it back on the strainer.
Place a heavy object on the curd and strain it. Transfer it to the fridge and leave it for 4 to 6 hours. Your hung curd is ready.
Now, combine this hung curd with veggies and stuff the filling inside the moist bread. Fry the bread slices and enjoy. Let’s see the step-by-step guide to this recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 serves
- 1 kg dahi
- 12 slices of bread
- Salt, as per taste
- Water, as required
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Sugar powder, to taste
- Oil to fry
Method to prepare
- Take a large bowl.
- Add hung curd to a bowl.
- Add onions, chili, coriander, carrots, powder sugar, salt, and chili flakes.
- Mix well to incorporate everything.
- Your stuffing is ready.
- Now, let’s prepare the bread slices.
- Take bread slices and cut the sides.
- Moist the bread with water.
- Your slices are ready.
- Add the filling to the bread and carefully shape them.
- Fry them until golden brown.
- Cut them from the middle and serve!
- Serve this recipe during kitty parties or slumber parties and fill the occasion with its delicious flavors.
- Serve it with spicy schezwan sauce and tomato ketchup to enhance the flavor of this crunchy appetizer recipe.